Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC activation in the cabinet.

nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

FTTC activation in the cabinet.

My exchange (Nuneaton) was enabled for FTTC last year, but my particular cabinet hasn't been fitted out with the necessary fibre cabinet adjacent to it. Most in my neighbourhood have, but not mine, hence no fibre facility for my line. I have enquired with the Infiniti helpline and they are unable to tell me why this one is not yet enabled, and the Fibre Checker also confirms that my number isn't yet enabled ("could be down to a number of things, such as insufficient room to put a fibre cabinet [unlikely in this case], unable to obtain planning consent [also unlikely as there's already one cabinet there]).
Does PN have access to anyone at BT who would throw any light on why it isn't enabled, and when it could/will be?
5 REPLIES 5
WWWombat
Grafter

Re: FTTC activation in the cabinet.

BT are funny on this. They do a lot to push information on an exchange level, to show people when it might be available. But once the first-fit has been done, its an information- black hole. You have no idea of whether BT are coming back, or if they've left the area for good. Should you hope? Or just give up? Or move?
It is also strange how the frustration level is so much higher when you're on an un-supplied cabinet in an area with FTTC, compared to the frustration of your exchange not being on the list.
If no-one at Plusnet can get the information you want, at least they can feed back the frustrations being felt!
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
mikeyriot
Grafter

Even with your exchange enabled, theres no guarantee you'll get a fibre cab unless theres an estimated live date for your line. BT are'nt upgrading every cab connected to fibre enabled exchanges. What does the BT availabilty checker say for your phone line?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Plusnet are as much in the dark as normal users when it comes to knowing what BT are up to in terms of roll-out for FTTC cabinets. This is the same for all ISPs
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Quote from: mikeyriot
Even with your exchange enabled, theres no guarantee you'll get a fibre cab unless theres an estimated live date for your line. BT are'nt upgrading every cab connected to fibre enabled exchanges. What does the BT availabilty checker say for your phone line?

Just says "not yet available".  I won't hold my breath.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Keep checking anyway nozzer, those exchanges with some of the attached cabs enabled are getting other cabs set up for fibre.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team