Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - Dead Connection

timw2000
Dabbler

FTTC - Dead Connection

Hi,
My connection died at around 3:00am today and a fault has been raised (ticket #39165972)
Question, is this common on he trial? My DSL connection does not work, VSDL modem LED for DSL link is not on?
Being the weekend is a real pain, I wonder how long I'm going to be without Internet with this one?
Tim
7 REPLIES 7
prichardson
Grafter

Re: FTTC - Dead Connection

Checks show we need to dispatch an engineer to investigate this.
Given the limited items in your control, provided you have tested the equipment and cabling in a setup applicable to how the engineer performed his final "acceptance test", we need to know your availability.
Appointments are Monday to Saturday from 0800 to 1300 and 1300 to 1800.
If you can update the ticket, I will arrange this for you.
timw2000
Dabbler

Ticket has been updated  Smiley
prichardson
Grafter

And booked for tomorrow AM between 0800 and 1300.
Just to note, because I am at home, I cannot add the notes I needed.
Advise them the DSL light is out and the checks you have run through. This type of problem is pretty straight forward.
timw2000
Dabbler

From what I can tell at work, my connection is still dead.
I had a BT internal comms issue yesterday which means they did a no show yesterday. There were meant to visit this morning (external visit) to fix it but it looks like I still have the same issue.
Can Plusnet comment / test my connection?
timw2000
Dabbler

Update for those interested...
Well, Engineer turned up to house (rather than line engineer who would have checked the cabinet / exchange) and as I was not in (told by plusnet I did not need to be) did nothing.
Looking to get engineer out this Friday but Fault is 'stuck' in BT system and cannot be updated, needs to be cancelled and re-submitted!!
We'll see if I get this fixed this week... Angry
timw2000
Dabbler

Well I finally has my modem replaced and got my connection back on the 30th Jan, and now it's failed again. Looks like I need a new modem again!
This is not looking very good for BT.
Tim.
timw2000
Dabbler

FYI, it was my modem that failed again, this time rather than not trying to sync, it would at least try but never achieve it.
BT Openreach guy fitted a new modem (from a new batch he tells me) and this one did not work out of the box! The fault on this one was that the LAN connection failed to work!
So, he went to his van again and pickup up my 4th modem, this one is now installed and working, lets hope this stays the case for longer than 2 weeks this time!
BT Openreach guy did mention that he has replace a fair few of these modems now, but most of the ones he replaces are on the floor under the TV covered in dust - not the case for me with it on a dust free cool shelf!
I hope people find this information useful.
Tim.