cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC 80/20 Trial- Still Capped at 40MB

markg140
Grafter

FTTC 80/20 Trial- Still Capped at 40MB

Recently I've been upgraded to the trial.

My upload speeds have shot from 1.8MB to 16MB-20MB.

However my download remains rooted where it was before at 37MB maximum.

Is there anyone here who could assist or has similar experiences ?
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC 80/20 Trial- Still Capped at 40MB

Hi there and sorry for the late reply.
I've checked and can't see anything obvious that might have caused this problem. I can see you've raised a fault with us which is the right thing to do. Someone should reply to that ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
markg140
Grafter

Haven't had a reply yet.
It's a little perplexing, since rebooting the router my DL speeds have increased to 52MB, on speedtest.net.
But I'm literally around less than 200m from my roadside cabinet and the line is copper not aluminum (A BT engineer confirmed this)

Judging from VDSL2 line length signal degradation graphs I should be getting around 60+.
Just wonder if you have any other things I can try to do.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just checked and the fault was automatically closed as the checker wasn't completed within 48 hours. So I'd go back and do that again if it's still an issue.
just wonder if you have any other things I can try to do.

Make sure you've tested the speeds having connected by Ethernet if you otherwise connect to the router through wifi. Also if you have access to an alternate router it's a good idea to try that too.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
millsdon
Grafter

Quote from: markg140
Haven't had a reply yet.
It's a little perplexing, since rebooting the router my DL speeds have increased to 52MB, on speedtest.net.
But I'm literally around less than 200m from my roadside cabinet and the line is copper not aluminum (A BT engineer confirmed this)

Judging from VDSL2 line length signal degradation graphs I should be getting around 60+.
Just wonder if you have any other things I can try to do.

i'm about 200m from mine and only getting 46mb. bt profile says max of 54mb which makes me wonder what the bloke who lives outside the cabinet could get if he was connected. I can  practically see him in his living room if i look hard enough!
do you know what your attenuation is on the line?
markg140
Grafter

I don't know how to pull line stats from the modem.
I'm syncing at 58Mb at the BRAS not sure why I'm not seeing them speeds though,