cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downlaod sppeds throttled after upgrade to FTTC

ClintonB

Downlaod sppeds throttled after upgrade to FTTC

Hi There,
Sorry if this seems to be a repeat off numerous similar posts, BUT wasn't sure if any Support guys would pickup on existing threads.
Just have been upgraded to using Fibre from standard ADSL. Initial BT Openreach equipment test said download of 32MBits. Great I thought.. So the Engineer has left, I have configured the new equipment. BUT initial tests show an UPLOAD of 8MBits while the DOWNLOAD only 600KBits. This seems confusing? Is there something wrong with the line as now I can't test any noise on it due to the "OpenReach Modem" that has no documentation to support ( EchoLife HG612 ). The Netgear is using PPOE protocol now and the "Connection Status" interface doesn't show the noise levels. OR is there a throttle on the Account ( IP, Telephone line ) that needs lifting?
Any ideas or help would be mostly appreciated.
Many Thanks
Clinton
3 REPLIES 3
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Downlaod sppeds throttled after upgrade to FTTC

And numerous replies saying raise a ticket to get you IP profile updated for FTTC
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
ClintonB

Hi Gus,
Now that's an interesting question as I have done this with no replies yet. So thought the last and possibly the best place to do this would be on the active Forum. At presently the "Support Centre" reflects an average of 28 hours for response. Tried contacting by phone BUT nobody answering.
Cheers
Clinton
ClintonB

Just a quick update. Have managed to get through to the Support Team. Spoke to Steve who was helpful and explained the IP Profile conditions. Seems there is a bandwidth throttle on the Accounts that needs to be lifted once you upgrade to FTTC/FTTP. This has been handed over to "Networks" for updating and things should be good to go in about 3 hours. Will reboot Modem and Router so things take effect. For all those first timers like myself that haven't got the complete picture. I hope this helps. Remember to contact the Support Team either via email or phone and get them to "update" your IP Profile. What this means is open the throttle...
Cheers
Clinton