cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have tips for staying on the trial?

excited4fttp

Does anyone have tips for staying on the trial?

We are only 7 days into the trial, but we have speeds over 30 times our old speed and our dropouts have nearly stopped. So I want to stay on the trial. 

When I signed up I knew the trial would end with the end of my contract - May 3. At the same time the FAQs say this

Willl there be a new XX month contract. Not for joining the trial, there will be no change to any contract length unless you specifically change to a new account with a new contract or take a recontracting offer independently of the trial.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to recontract without losing access to the trial. Such as what to say to the renewals team, or if I need to contact the trials team.

Thank you in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Does anyone have tips for staying on the trial?

Welcome to the community forums @excited4fttp

@excited4fttp wrote:

When I signed up I knew the trial would end with the end of my contract

When the minimum term of your contract ends, the service should continue as normal, you'll just be out of the minimum term of your contract.

To discuss moving on to a new minimum contracted term potentially on a discounted rate, you should still be able to do this by speaking to our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.

Having said this, if you do have any problems when speaking to this team about re-contracting, please do let us know and we'll get feedback passed on where appropriate.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
excited4fttp

Thank you HarryB.

I will call over the next couple of days and let you know how I get on.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems.

Keep us posted! Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
excited4fttp

Thank you Harry and Gandalf, we contacted the sales team and some good conversations and signed up for two years at £15.99 a month, plus line rental. You beat BT by a penny per month on cost, and by millions in terms of great service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear you got a good offer and you're sticking with us. Thumbs_Up

Let us know if you ever need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@excited4fttp

You could have stayed on the PN FTTP trial and cancelled your landline thereby paying only £17.49 or £22.49 per month (according to which speed option you chose) with no line rental to pay and no lengthy contract.  Wink

Obviously that would have meant you had no landline, but if you'd wanted to keep your landline number you could have ported it to a VoIP provider for about £2.40 per month.

If you look around this section of the forum you'll see quite a few threads where people have done just that.

excited4fttp

Hi RobPN

Thank you for the tip. As our new contract hasn't started yet, I assume I can still do this. I have looked though other posts on the subject, but am not clear as to who I have to ask to stay on the trial and what to say.

Can you help me out please?

Mark

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Mark.

If you would like to go ahead this should be OK.

I've provided some detail for you over here.

Hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
excited4fttp

Hello

I don't want to go this way for two reasons:

1. I don't understand why it costs more than just buying the internet (£15.99)

2. I haven't found a VOIP deal for much less than the saving - especially when i factor in the new equipment.

But thank you Gandalf and RobPN anyway.

Mark

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Mark.

1. I don't understand why it costs more than just buying the internet (£15.99)

Unfortunately if you don't have a phone service with us we'd charge an extra fee for being Broadband Only.

No problems though. Let us know if you have any further queries.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet