Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Daily p.m. disconnections for multiple ISP's

@Trace67 Are you in Chesterfield too?

John
M3SNU-Steve
Grafter

Hi there have you tried switching your ONT off and on again?

Trace67
Dabbler

No I'm in Suffolk
jab1
Legend

In that case, @Trace67 your issue is not connected with this one. Can we keep your issue separate please?

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

I have escalated this topic for discussion and reflection suggesting …

In summary, users in the Chesterfield area seem to be experiencing intermittent disconnections in the same time frames each day for several weeks and this has been seen across a number of different ISPs. Other ISPs have investigated the issue and not found a resolution leading to them being released from their contract.

Note that the escalation space has access to resources outside of Plusnet which in this situation could be very helpful.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@M3SNU-Steve wrote:

Hi there have you tried switching your ONT off and on again?

@M3SNU-Steve Trace67's issue has nothing to do with yours.

John
jab1
Legend

Thanks, @Townman . I shall watch with interest.

John
Trace67
Dabbler

Sorry 😐 I'm new here and have no idea how or what I'm replying too.. I thought I was just responding to someone who said they are using their mobile data now as that's what I'm also having to do.
jab1
Legend

No problem @Trace67 , but your issue is nothing to do with this discussion, and it is a good idea to try and not add confusion.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Another similar tale here - https://community.plus.net/t5/Full-Fibre/Outage/m-p/1987349#M25292

I have asked the mods to consider merging the threads … if they decide to do this, it might be worthwhile removing the off topic posts at the same time.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dhj

Hello again, just been talking to a friend who lives close to me in Chesterfield who has EE fibre. They have been experiencing problems since Monday 14th with the system going down and rebooting. EE told them there is a problem in the area which started on the 14th but should be resolved by the 18th. They were still having problems at 7:30 last night 18th) which, coincidentally is when my Sky box went down. We are both back up today. EE didn't not offer an explanation as to what the "problem" is/was.

jab1
Legend

@Dhj As @Townman has said above, this subject has been escalated. You need to give the escalation time to (possibly) find aa resolution, but these things are never instantaneous, especially when they fall over a weekend.

John
Dhj

Oops, apologies, I just wanted to add a bit more to the mix. I'm waiting avidly as I am looking hard for a new ISP 😄

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The anecdotal evidence suggests that this issue is much higher up the technology infrastructure than any individual ISP so there’s little point predicating your choice on judgement over this issue.