Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Checker

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

DSL Checker

Just a note for anyone interested - OpenReach appear to have added a new field to the DSL Checker.

If "WBC FTTP" is shown as available it now has a "FTTP Install Process" column. The attached picture shows my line and has "1 stage" - I've also seen "2 stage"

I would suspect the first applies to the new "connectorised" system where only one visit is required and the second applies to the old method where two visits are required.

Note also there is a narrative under the results about FTTP.

Brian

4 REPLIES 4
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: DSL Checker

@bmc wrote:

Note also there is a narrative under the results about FTTP.

That's been there for several years  Wink

jim1985
Grafter

Has it really been there for years?

I regularly check friends and family addresses for them for any new information regarding fibre availability and I have to say that I have never seen the column regarding the FTTP Install Process Stages before.

The FTTP narrative under the results has been there for as long as I can remember though Smiley

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

No, I believe the new column is a recent addition to the DSL checker.

I agree the narrative has been there as long as I've been looking. I only mentioned it so that people were aware to look at it if FTTP was available - I could have worded it better.

Brian

jim1985
Grafter

Ahhhhh, nevermind. Ignore me. I misread RobPN's post, I thought he was referring to the FTTP Install Process column.

My bad. Must remember to put my glasses on before reading and replying to a thread Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy