cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current FTTP 100/15 trial router?

AndyH
Grafter

Current FTTP 100/15 trial router?

Signed up for the trial and been sent a Technicolor TG582N router for the 100/15 trial.
Is this right? The trial page shows the router as currently a ZyXEL NBG4604.
Seems a bit strange to send the Technicolor router as it's not compatible with future speed increases (Infinity's top service is now 160mbps), and it only has 3 spare ethernet ports.
5 REPLIES 5
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Current FTTP 100/15 trial router?

No one able to answer this one?
Ticket #61055454
Thanks.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
We've just run out of the Zyxel routers so we've switched to the Technicolor. I'll get the page updated to remove the reference to the Zyxel, sorry for the confusion.
We did run a trial of 300Mbps a while ago (and are doing another trial for FTTP on demand) but haven't made any decisions on what to do with it as a product yet but should we offer it in the future then there would be an option to get a different router with it.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
AndyH
Grafter

Hi Dave
Thanks for your response.
Is it possible to buy my own router and use that for the trial too?
I am looking at the Asus range as I want to set up a gigabit ethernet network in my house. If and when you offer a service faster than 100mb, I will take that up.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Yep, no problem with you using your own router if that's what you want to do. If your FTTP hasn't already been installed I'd say wait until it has before you buy just in case there are any problems.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
AndyH
Grafter

Thanks
Already bought the router as the installation was planned for tomorrow - unfortunately this has now been cancelled because I am still awaiting BT's contractors to repair a broken duct.  Angry
I was told by both engineers that I needed to be around when the contractors come because they need to access where the ductwork terminates from the inside (I also have to clear the driveway of cars and remove six shelves of food where the ducting terminates each day). They said that the contractors would come last week on Tuesday or Wednesday - no one came, no phone calls. I raised this without your provisioning team on Thursday and was told BT would give you a date for the work on Friday. On Friday, Stephen Wilkinson said by today (Monday 12 Nov) the work would be completed by the contractors and installation would hopefully continue tomorrow. After waiting at home all week and today, still no one turns up.  Angry

This is not PN's fault, but it's very annoying I get told by BT that I have to be around because the contractors need access inside my property and I wait a week at home, but no one shows. I already had to cancel three daytime meetings last week and make arrangements to change shifts to the evenings. I cannot keep waiting at home for a contractor to turn up when I have no idea if it'll be in a matter of hours, days or even weeks. This really should be escalated with BT as their contractors have messed me around enough already.