Connection dropping.

FIXED
Hobo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Connection dropping.

Fix

Hi LaurenB 

Openreach engineer attended yesterday at midday, new junction box fitted fibre cable re-spliced and line tested, all appears ok now connection has been stable since, many thanks for your assistance.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

That's great to hear, thanks for the update! Is there anything else I can help with at all?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Hobo
Rising Star

Looks like I spoke to soon, now connection keeps freezing for several seconds then suddenly stars again.

Hobo
Rising Star

Now when I try to log onto a site it is freezing then telling me sometimes that they cannot be reached.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear that! Looking at the connection logs I'm seeing 2 drops in the last hour or so, was that you rebooting at all? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Hobo
Rising Star

I have changed the router, I have a brand new Plusnet Hub One which was supplied but was never used I have installed that in place of my own Netgear router, will monitor that and post again if any further problems at least it should eliminate whether it is a problem with my Netgear.

Hobo
Rising Star

Still having the same problems while using the new router, my OH attempted to log onto our bank account and got this message then she noticed that the Hub status light went from blue to red for several seconds, I also got the same message while trying to log into this site though the Hub is now blue and now working again it would appear that there is an intermittent fault somewhere:-

This site can’t be reached

community.plus.net’s server IP address could not be found.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the info, I'm really sorry you have had some further drops. It does sound like we will need to look at sending out a further engineer for you so if you can please provide some availability, I'll get this booked in for you. 

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team