cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

samuria
Grafter

Confused

As we have just got ftc in out area I applied to go on the trial. I was on premier but had to change my account and pay less on extra to get it. They rang yesterday to say it was booked  and BT would be out on the 8th april. Two hours later they said it had been refused but i could have ftp(cant its not in my area) and this would be free. Now to go on the trail I have to pay an extra £12 per month.
Today its on Plus net website from 19th April get Fibre for just £16.49 (less I assume if its a LLU exchange)
Now I am totally confused if I go on the trail do I have to pay the £12 extra from the 8th(if they turn up) but can I then from the 19th change to the full product for £16? Why would they say it was cancelled when its available in my area BT sent me a letter I checked on Plus net and Bt websites and all say its active now. I dont know now if they will turn up on the 8th as they have re submitted it
Just checked the FAQ a new customer it says its £16 old customer and I have been here about 10 years pay £10 on top of their account making it £21-26 Bt do it unlimited downloads for £25 if you have the phone with them. Surely customer that have been loyal for 10 years shouldn't have to pay more than new ones who may not stay very long. How much for 120 gig option?
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Confused

Hi there Samuria,
The prices are the same for everyone I'm afraid. Just to confirm though the fibre products mentioned on the site are just that, they are not a trial. If you wanted (and could get) FTTC in the mean time then we could sign you up to the trial and get you up and running purely as a trialist ASAP.
So to summarise one is our finalised fibre package (as on the site) and only access to the trial is available at the moment.
I'll check your account ASAP as I'm intrigued to find out why we dangled the carrot then snatched it away from you!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

PS, its been a while and I don't have a record of your username, could you PM that to me please?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
samuria
Grafter

We have found out its a BT cockup they said we couldn't get  fibre to cab and we would have to have fibre to house.
Turns out they have been using the wrong post code. They are coming next friday to install it.
It does say in the FAQ £16 for new users and existing customers £10 extra dont know if this is a mistake but that's what it says
WWWombat
Grafter

I haven't seen anything from PlusNet about whether any of the trialists (either the first "free" batch or the second "£12pm" batch) can swap to the new packages, and what changes they should expect when doing so.
But remember when the 1st phase of the trial was ending, the trialists were told that they'd have the opportunity to change onto the existing Value/Extra packages "until April" and after that, they would only be able to change onto the specific fibre packages.
That suggests that trialists will be able to change. We'll just have to see what the conditions are.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Triallists can change to any of the current packages until 1ST April (note your request needs to be in before that date not your actual change).
But after today, any package change for FTTC/FTTP users will only be possible to the new fibre packages.