Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco SPA 100 ATA

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Cisco SPA 100 ATA

You will need the configuration details for your voip account. If you look through the example I linked to , that shows the configuration for a callcentric account , your configuration will follow the same logic but the detailsl for your voip account will be different ( obvoiously!) .

Which voip supplier do you have an account with ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

@MisterW

I am with VoiceHost, so do I have to contact them for those details as there is only my log in details, my email, my account number and obviously, my ported number. 

Best contact them perhaps

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

From looking here https://www.voicehost.co.uk/help/provisioning-and-compatible-hosted-pbx-handsets it would appear that voicehost provide an auto-configuring facilty for some devices ( including the SPA112 ).

You need to login to your voicehost account and follwo the instructions on the link.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Minivanman
Legend

I have done that and under 'provisioning' there are no details Roll_eyes

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Perhaps they only prvide the facility for hardware that they've supplied.

Looking at one of their other configuration guides , I find this information

Authentication Name: <extension username>
Authentication Password: <extension password>
Username: <extension username>
Domain: sip.voicehost.co.uk
Display Name: <your name>
Proxy server address: sip.voicehost.co.uk
Proxy server port: 5060
Registrar server: sip.voicehost.co.uk
Registrar server port: 5060

So you should have an extension username and password.

Using the previous guide for callcentric https://www.callcentric.com/support/device/cisco/spa112-spa122

Follow that but replace the proxy/outbound proxy with those above and the user id password with your extension username & password.

I think we might need someone who's familar with voicehost if you can't easily find the extension details

Minivanman
Legend

Well it's been interesting I can say that, but it's now sorted by contacting VoiceHost (the guys who are hosting my phone number) and handing direct control of my computer to them using 'zoomtopia'.

Never seen it used before so it was quite an education watching somebody else take control of my screen!

Thanks for your help guys, magic as always Thumbs_Up

Zoom Topia 

Herman Melville
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I would have thought if they were prepared to go to those lengths for free, it would be easier (and cheaper) for them to provide the on-line provisioning free.

So are you all sorted and working now ?

edit: the SPA 112 has a configuration backup and restore facility , see manual page 121. Once you are happy it's all working then I'd use the backup function to create a backup file on your PC.

Minivanman
Legend

@MisterW

Well no, if only it was free - they charged me £15 but better to get it all working than spending another day trying to sort it. Thanks for the backup and restore tip, I'll do that.

And for @RobPN, seems only the corded 'El-Cheapo' phone works when setting up but you were right again about the cordless working once it was up and running - the extension off base one we have works as well so it's back to call intercepts using my BT Guardian.

Would you believe that in the ten minutes during which the corded phone was plugged in I got a nuisance call!

Thanks again guys.

PS. @MisterW

@MisterW wrote:

I would have thought if they were prepared to go to those lengths for free, it would be easier (and cheaper) for them to provide the on-line provisioning free.

So are you all sorted and working now ?

edit: the SPA 112 has a configuration backup and restore facility , see manual page 121. Once you are happy it's all working then I'd use the backup function to create a backup file on your PC.

"So are you all sorted and working now"

Yep, all up and running now, so no more monthly telephone bill for line rental and calls - although the first couple of months saved will cover the of buying that SPA and the charge for setting it up. Any power cut and we still have our mobiles so.....

Herman Melville
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Minivanman  Glad you're finally up and running.

@Minivanman wrote:

Would you believe that in the ten minutes during which the corded phone was plugged in I got a nuisance call!

They were probably just testing your VoIP line for you!  Wink

Minivanman
Legend

@MisterW

"edit: the SPA 112 has a configuration backup and restore facility , see manual page 121. Once you are happy it's all working then I'd use the backup function to create a backup file on your PC"

Not finding this as unit only came with quick setup guide, so no page 121. Can you copy it to here for me? 

Done a search but cannot locate it.

Thanks.  

Herman Melville
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Minivanman

here's the download link http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/spa100-200/admin_guide_SPA100/spa100_...