cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business smart hub BNIB on FTTP

strongylad28
Rising Star

Business smart hub BNIB on FTTP

I am hoping someone can help with a quick question. I'm currently on ADSL and using HH5, but having FTTP installed I'm 2 weeks. I have been sent the PN hub but u also acquired a business smart hub BNIB.

Turns out its the FTTC version as port 4 does not have the WAN sticker. Has anyone managed to get the FTTC version working on FTTP or am I out of luck?

Will port 4 still work as a WAN port despite not having the sticker or is it different hardware internally?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue after split.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: BT Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub) on PlusNet

I suspect that the difference is in the firmware rather than hardware. The BT type number is different so I fear that you're out of luck. I Believe that what you need is a Smart Hub 6B, not 6A. They do appear on Ebay so you could sell yours and get the correct version. Based on how the A models work it shouldn't matter whether or not it's the business version. The difference is that the business version gives you more settings options such as being able to set your preferred DNS.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

strongylad28
Rising Star

Re: BT Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub) on PlusNet

I had a funny feeling that was the case.

I thought I was onto a winner but looks like I'll have to find an FTTP variant. The only one I can find thus far is a bit pricey in comparison to the others out there.

What a daft decision to remove the WAN port as a stand alone port!
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Business smart hub BNIB on FTTP

Moderator's note:

Above posts split to their own thread for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still