Did you mean: 

Bt holding page

garyvine
Dabbler

Bt holding page

Over the past few days, I have been getting the bt holding page at random:-
  SERVICE INFORMATION
Close Window 
You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.
•The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
Or
•You are testing your local connection to BT using
'bt_test_user@startup_domain'
Or
•You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using 'bt_test_user@domain' where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Or
•Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
Or
•You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.

A few moments later and it works again. Anyone else getting this or know why?
5 REPLIES 5
ncalow
Dabbler

Re: Bt holding page

fttcgary,
I had the same problem over the weekend, seemingly occasional and random.  I did reboot both the Openreach modem and the Netgear router but this made no difference.  I haven't seen it again in the last couple of days.  For reference this was the first time I have seen this since FTTC install on 7th Feb 2011.
Nick
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I had a similar problem, setting the DNS servers manually seems to have resolved it.
Log in to the Netgear router and go to the Basic Settings section, towards the bottom there is a section to set the DNS servers.
Select the option to set them manually and enter
As per the picture below.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
garyvine
Dabbler

I have now tried manually setting dns and it makes no difference. I have further noticed that when this happens some domains are still available.  The domains that are available each time are not always the same either.  It usually fixes itself after a short time and at no point does the router lose connection.  This has even happened when playing online games. Game continues with no problem but unable to browse to certain sites.

I have now raised a ticket (41311293) to get the hunt for the issue started but would appreciate any informed answers on here also.

charltjr
Grafter

I used to get this way back at the start of the trial, but until a couple of days ago I hadn't seen it again.
Now I'm seeing it at least a couple of times a day so it's not just you. It's an *extremely annoying* failure mode because there is nothing you can do about it, a reboot etc doesn't seem to cure it you just have to wait and hope.
I'm going to start logging times as I would imagine without specific dates and times it will be very difficult for a support team to do anything unless it's a really really obvious fault.
Do let us know how your ticket goes.
Cheers,
John
garyvine
Dabbler

My support reply is basically the same DNS response but with different servers to try:
212.159.13.49 & 212.159.13.50
I've now switched the router to use these and haven't seen the problem again (yet)