Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing Connection Errors on FTTP

jayp
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Browsing Connection Errors on FTTP

I am on the FTTP trial
For the last few weeks whenever i browse the web using the Mozilla Firefox i am being regularly forwarded to a site with the address : http://194.74.65.98/index.html which is a BT wholesale Service information error notice.
I have taken a screen print and attached it.
This morning the connection via the browser  is intermittent and my outlook will not even sync with the email box.
This error prompt is occurring on a wired ethernet connection and on more than 1 computer.
Does anyone else suffer from such issues
4 REPLIES 4
Picnic
Grafter

Re: Browsing Connection Errors on FTTP

This has appeared several times in this part of the forum. It appears to be a DNS issue. I think it was Dave who suggested values to try, fixed it for me but I can't remember which thread. I'm sure a search will find it.
jayp
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thanks picnic
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

jayp which router are you using?
The DNS servers to set on your PC/router are 212.159.6.9 and 212.159.6.10.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
charltjr
Grafter

Dave,
Do these DNS addresses apply for the FTTC trial too?
I am getting the same problem using the PN-supplied Netgear WNR1000 v3 and it is currently set to obtain the DNS addresses automatically from the ISP.
There is nothing in the router setup guide I was pointed to which mentions changing the DNS settings so I'm not sure if this is applicable or not.
EDIT: Just to say that this has happened several times today and the router says the connection has been up for over 22 hours so it doesn't appear to be caused by a line drop
Thanks,
John
PS Given the setup is still in the training phase it's nothing short of brilliant apart from this issue, I'm very pleased so far.