cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband fibre fault needs to be reported to Openreach

Hiems89
Grafter

Broadband fibre fault needs to be reported to Openreach

There is a fault affecting my FTTP connection. The Openreach engineer working in the area asked me to report it so that I would be added the list of people sharing the problem. (He thinks it's likely a network fault.) Given that the Plusnet customer service line is currently out of action, can you suggest how I can do this, please?
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband fibre fault needs to be reported to Openreach

Are you sure it is an FTTP and not FTTC problem @Hiems89 ?

Anyway, the quickest way is via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

John
Hiems89
Grafter

Hi John,
It is definitely FTTP - the old FTTP trial. Unfortunately, when I try to report it via report-a-problem, I just get a message saying that there was a problem with reporting. I have tried twice already ...
The Openreach engineers are still working in the street. I guess I just have to hope that they manage to fix my problem along with the other six in the street who also have no service (though not necessarily via Plusnet, of course Wink ).
Thank you for your suggestion.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

OK, @Hiems89 - I didn't realise you were a trialist, my apologies. That will probably explain why the report won't go through as that system is for ADSL/FTTC connections.

John
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hiya @Hiems89

I'm really sorry you are experiencing an issue with your connection, I can imagine the hassle this is causing. 

Your line has been added to the open mass outage, which our suppliers are working hard to resolve. 

If you are still experiencing an issue after the next 48 hours, please get back to me here and I will chase an update for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Hiems89
Grafter

Thank you for your help with this, @SammyM. I was also able to get in touch with the technical team again once the customer service line fault was resolved.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

That is fantastic news Smiley

Please get back in touch if you need any further help and if not, have a fab weekend!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team