cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Dropping

thomaswarne

Broadband Dropping

We have FTTP on the trial and its dropped twice in the last day one at 11pm last night and at 16:20 today, i swapped my own router back to the plusnet hub one at 9am thismorning as part of a troubleshooting but it was terminated under a request in the router log. So whats going on?
6:22:48, 09 Aug. (23815.640000) PPPoE is down after 396 minutes uptime [Disconnected]
16:22:46, 09 Aug. (23813.480000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]
5 REPLIES 5
shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Broadband Dropping

I have had a similar problem since March.  Openreach have visited the house five times.   After the first visit they managed to knock out half of my telephone circuit and, despite two separate visits just to sort out their mess without success, I have had to resort to using cordless phones in that part of the house.  After the last visit to deal with the dropping out of the broadband, I finally gave up when they asked to visit yet again - the sixth time (plus the telephone mess).

I cannot blame Plusnet for any of tis who have responded wel on each occasion.  But Openreach are a complete disaster.  They never send out the same engineer as before, and each time they start again from scratch !  The engineering expertise is also surprisingly varied, sometimes good, sometimes thoroughly naive.  On one occasion, after the loss of the telephone service discovered just after the engineer left, I chased off down the road to look for him., and found him with another Openreach engineer parked outside the green box having lunch. My engineer came back half an hour later, but when I went out nearly two hours later, the other engineer was sitting in his van where I had seen him before, and had clearly not moved since.  BT obviously offer very generous lunch hours !

What is so annoying is that there is no come-back against Openreach for their diabolical record and their complacency goes unchallenged by the public.  What is to be done ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

Our tests aren't finding the cause of the drop you experienced but then again FTTP tests essentially show it either works at this moment or it doesn't as shown below:

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTP_SERVICE_0000
Description No Fault in FTTP Service
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status Up
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
RRT Report Summary
Confirmed FRC from RRT TOK
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Transmitted Traffic 0.0 Mbps 2.8 Mbps 0.2 Mbps
Received Traffic 0.0 Mbps 39.0 Mbps 3.9 Mbps
Downstream Policing Discards 0.00 0.00 0.00
Upstream Policing Discards 0.00 0.00 0.00

As your connection looks to have settled down now, I'd keep an eye on it and if you do experience any further issues the next course of action would be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic moved from 'Fibre Broadband' board to 'FTTP Trial' board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
thomaswarne

Hi thanks, it is stable again now i was at work last night which is why it only got rebooted at 7am ish, when i got in, if you look at my ping it also verifys when it dropped out as per your session chart

But thanks for looking into it, maybe just an off day for some equipment somewhere

But i would also like to change my package from the 40/10 to the 80/20 is that possible?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No worries, fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.

Yeah I can arrange this for you, if you reply to this ticket with confirmation that you're happy to go ahead I'll put it though for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet