cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back of FTTP ONT broken since installation - how to get replacement?

FIXED
diatomdeb
Grafter

Back of FTTP ONT broken since installation - how to get replacement?

Hi - I have an ECI Telecom ONT model B-FOCuS O-4G2PW which was supplied when I had FTTP installed by Plusnet back in 2014. At the time of installation the BT engineer made a bit of a mess of the back of it when trying to fit it to the wall (see attached photo, all of that was done at the time of installation) but as I was so thrilled to have FTTP at last I didn't make anything of it! It's been held to the wall with sticky fixers 😬 it works OK but it really is in a state and I would like to get a new one, perhaps also a newer model too. How can I go about this please? Many thanks!

Debbie.

18 REPLIES 18
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Back of FTTP ONT broken since installation - how to get replacement?

Unless you can find one for sale somewhere, you will be unlucky. BT have not supplied these for a number of years - you will need a combined modem/router.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@jab1  I think you are thinking about the old VDSL modems, this is an ONT for FTTP.

@diatomdeb  you could make it go faulty, report a fault, look innocent and ply the Openreach chap with tea and chock biscuits! You may be without internet for a day or two though!!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Ooops - you are correct @Mustrum Embarrassed

@diatomdeb Ignore me.😉

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@diatomdeb wrote:

It's been held to the wall with sticky fixers 😬 it works OK but it really is in a state...

Nice bit of kit there Debbie - 'twould be such a shame if it happened  fall off the wall on to a hard surface and ceased to function.  wink.gif

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
diatomdeb
Grafter

🤔😂 😂  Yes, that would be terrible, wouldn't it! it might just be my unlucky day....

diatomdeb
Grafter

I'm sensing a common theme in the replies here 😂 think a screwdriver may have to accidentally violently fall into the workings!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi Debbie, I’m sorry to see your ONT box has been bodged to the wall since you’ve had it. I can arrange an engineer to fix this, likely to just replace the box. 

Can you raise a fault ticket at faults.plus.net leaving notes in the box at the end with dates you’d be available for an engineer visit? The availability would be weekdays 8am while 1pm, or 1pm while 6pm  

If you can let me know once you have raised the fault, I’ll make sure it’s picked up as soon as we can. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
diatomdeb
Grafter

That's fantastic Gandalf, thanks very much for your help with this! I have just raised the fault. I'm not sure it flagged it up as fibre broadband as it asked questions about my phone line but hopefully it's enough to raise the issue.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help!

Best wishes

Debbie.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all Debbie, I've just picked the fault up you've raised and I've added a reply onto the ticket Here sending you a text message and email with the appointment details. Let us know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
diatomdeb
Grafter

Hi, that's fantastic, thank you! I honestly didn't expect an appointment so fast and in fact I won't be here for all of tomorrow afternoon... is it at all possible to reschedule it for any afternoon next week, please? Sorry about that! 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@diatomdeb the new ONT is much smaller than the old one , its only about 90mm x 80mm, so you might need to do a spot of repainting the area 😁

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah not a problem Debbie, I've re-arranged the engineer visit and updated the ticket for you. Smiley

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with in the meantime.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
diatomdeb
Grafter

That's fantastic, thanks ever so much for this and sorry for the hassle! Really appreciate your help! 😊😊😊

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all Debbie, let me know how it goes once the engineer's been and gone. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet