cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT cancelled on me....FOR NO REASON

Angrypetee
Grafter

BT cancelled on me....FOR NO REASON

So, I've been told my firbe will be installed this morning...between 8&1...
Being as I'm possibly the unluckiest man alive, I thought I'd check with plusnet this morning to make sure all's good...
Now get this....BT CANCELLED THE INSTALLATION...
And nobody can tell me why!?
Anyone else had similar happen....I'm kinda angry right now!    Cry
11 REPLIES 11
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: BT cancelled on me....FOR NO REASON

Welcome to the forum Angrypetee.
No consolation but you are not alone by any means in being caught out by BT's lack of consideration for it's customers.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
andymac1969

I had the same thing happen to me, I had an install for between 1-6pm, I saw the BT engineer do a drive by on the house at 2:40pm, he pulled up and by the time I put my shoes on, he had gone, reason given by BT, they didn't have time to do it  Angry
Plusnet got on the case, and it was installed Saturday just gone
Andrew
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Possibly they found a fault when they got to the cabinet to do the install (Cabinet, Exchange, Fibre or Line problem) and could not proceed.
Possibly the engineer got delayed and couldn't make the appointment or similar.
Whatever the reason, the lack of communication from Openreach back to Plusnet so that you can be advised is really not on.
Hopefully you will be provided with a (valid) explanation in due course.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Angrypetee
Grafter

Hopefully.....just a bit narked that nobody let me know...
Got 2 conflicting answers....one was that my appointment will be rescheduled, the other was that there's a problem on my line and plusnet need to send BT an emails!?
So not really sure what's happening really!?
But...for the record....plusnet have been as nice as can be about it!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Angrypetee
But...for the record....plusnet have been as nice as can be about it!

Wrong - they should be really nasty - to BT that is  Grin
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yet another example of OutOfReach's unacceptable performance.
Angrypetee
Grafter

Waiting on a phonecall or text today to confirm BT's new appointment for Wednesday.... Huh
w23
Pro

It seems there's an ever increasing list of such 'cancellations' (no shows) by BTO, I wonder if it might be a good idea to start a 'sticky' thread in an appropriate place for all those affected to add their experience?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Strat
Community Veteran

I've a suspicion that BT can't handle the flood of fibre installation requests and the problem is compounded by  their ordering system not being up to this particular task either.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
w23
Pro

And the rain?
Call me 'w23'
Strat
Community Veteran

I suppose my use of the word 'flood' was appropriate with due regard to the large number of MBORCs taking resources away from day to day stuff Wink