cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Race to Infinity?

stormshadow
Grafter

BT Race to Infinity?

Is there any benefit to voting in reality ? What's everyone's thoughts on this?Huh
http://www.racetoinfinity.bt.com/
Cheesy
5 REPLIES 5
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: BT Race to Infinity?

Only if you can get alot of people to do the same...
BT are set to enable the top (3? i think it is) - in order of % against the amount of people actually connected to the exchange...
Get your friends n family to spread the wrod Smiley faster broadband will come if enough people *will* it Smiley
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

It can't hurt but you do need to get a lot of people to vote. The exchanges up to the end of 2011 have been decided and Openreach are currently drawing up lists for 2012, that list will include nominations from each of their customers (we're nominating some of the Sheffield exchanges not on the list).
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
stormshadow
Grafter

OK thanks Dave. I was reading on the other thread that the trial in MK has kinda ended and they have done about 2000 properties less than orginally plan.
What's the prospect of getting Broughton on fibre now? I'm at the bottom end near Kingston..
regards
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Ah didn't realise you were there. Yeah the Bradwell Abbey build has completed so no more areas are going to be added. Unfortunately it looks like you are was one of the ones that was removed from the trial area. The problem in a lot of the removed areas is that they couldn't run the fibre down the ducts which means that the chances of getting FTTP in these areas is very low. FTTC may be possible at some point but not any time soon.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
stormshadow
Grafter

Quote from: dave
Ah didn't realise you were there. Yeah the Bradwell Abbey build has completed so no more areas are going to be added. Unfortunately it looks like you are was one of the ones that was removed from the trial area. The problem in a lot of the removed areas is that they couldn't run the fibre down the ducts which means that the chances of getting FTTP in these areas is very low. FTTC may be possible at some point but not any time soon.

Ah! bummer, I was looking forward to getting some decent bandwidth at last  Sad
I'll just have to sit and wait