cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement: End of FTTC Trials and Continuation of FTTP Trials

WWWombat
Grafter

Announcement: End of FTTC Trials and Continuation of FTTP Trials

Not sure if everyone has seen that Adam has posted this announcement of the end dates for the FTTC trial, and the continuation of the FTTP trial for 6 months (it hasn't been put on the forum, here or in the announcements section).
For those interested in FTTC, this part is relevant:
We currently have just over 400 customers on the trial and have space for more to join, the last day to register interest is 25th January so please visit http://trials.plus.net quick smart if you’re interested. Please allow up to 2 weeks for a reply to your request and in some areas of the country there’s a 4-6 week lead time for appointments.

For those interested in FTTP, this is useful:
For those customers on our FTTP trial, we now intend to continue this trial until July and will continue to accept triallists during that time.

The announcement confirms what will happen to existing trialists, and (if I read the wording correctly) suggests that proper fibre packages will be available in April.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Announcement: End of FTTC Trials and Continuation of FTTP Trials

and this paragraph might also be of interest
As a thank you to all of our existing trial customers and anyone that can get FTTC and registers their interest by 25th January (even if we haven’t replied to your ticket or booked the engineer appointment) they can stay on their existing product at the same price for FTTC as they would for ADSL for as long as they like. We would though say that should you want to change product, for example to our Extra or Pro products, that put the request in as soon as possible as from April you would only be able to change to an FTTC product. We will send all our trial customers an email shortly to confirm this.
ashgeo
Grafter

OK so the trial is coming to an end. Despite looking what are PN's FTTC packages going to be - How much? Data allowances? Min Speed? etc etc!!
My Cab has been pushed to 31st March RFS date and waiting as am currently 0.75-1meg down  Sad
George
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To be announced once they have been decided  Lips_are_sealed
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Off topic post bragging about ADSL2+ speeds removed.
Posters are reminded that this board is for Fibre related posts only
tangey
Grafter

Two questions (I'm already on the FTTC trial, and have been on BBYW for years)
I'm looking at the business unlimited tarrif.
Can I switch to a business tarriff (I'm on a residential one), and if so is the 8MB strictly adhered too, or will the cap be set to unlimited as it is now.
If I switch, and a more attractive FTTC specific package comes out, can I switch back, or am i locked into the business package for 12/24 months.
ashgeo
Grafter

@tangey:
As Old Jim has said in response to my question, PN have not annouced any packages yet....  My Guess is that they will be fairly competitive to the BT ones anounced on their infinity website.  Also, as far as I am aware all ISP's have a "fair usage" limit and therefore I expect there will be a limit on the number of Gb you can download each month for a certain price weather you are on a residential or busines tarrif. I guess it will be a case of watch this space.... Trouble is with FTTC/FTTP you can very very quickly reach your limit, at least PN advise their customers when you are approaching the limit and you therefore can alter the times when you download stuff as appropriate e.g. 00:00 - 08:00 when the usage does not count towards your monthly bill.....
TBSteve
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
and this paragraph might also be of interest
As a thank you to all of our existing trial customers and anyone that can get FTTC and registers their interest by 25th January (even if we haven’t replied to your ticket or booked the engineer appointment) they can stay on their existing product at the same price for FTTC as they would for ADSL for as long as they like. We would though say that should you want to change product, for example to our Extra or Pro products, that put the request in as soon as possible as from April you would only be able to change to an FTTC product. We will send all our trial customers an email shortly to confirm this.

So does this mean, that if you are on the FTTC trial, that when the trial ends, trialists will be allowed to keep the FTTC 'product' for the price they pay for ADSL?
WWWombat
Grafter

I'm not sure how much clearer they could be:
they can stay on their existing product at the same price for FTTC as they would for ADSL for as long as they like.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
TBSteve
Grafter

It's Monday - forgive me for being slow  Smiley
dick:quote