cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i in contract even if not installed ?

Kpro
Dabbler

Am i in contract even if not installed ?

Hi guys
Would just like to know if it is still possible to stick with my normal plusnet broadband pakage instead of switching to fibre ? I orderd fibre on monday 3rd oct , and BT engineer is comming round to my house this monday 10th.
I cant call till monday wen the engineer is comming round at 8pm.
I have all ready paid the £25 and £4.99 delivery fee for the router, i  am willing to return the router and lose out on the enginer fees.
If the fibre hasnt been installed is it too late to cancel ?
Any input would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Am i in contract even if not installed ?

The Digital Care Team who monitor the forums work daytime hours Monday to Friday so are unlikely to be here until Monday morning. The CSC are open 24x7 on 0800 432 0200 if you can fit in a call over the weekend.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm not sure but am afraid we've come to this a bit late - the account has already changed to the fibre type. To be honest your best bet would have been to call our support centre rather than posting here, if it's an urgent issue outside of business hours we'd always recommend calling up.
I'm just checking with the provisioning team now.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just checked and we need at least 24 working hours to cancel I'm afraid. You can still advise the engineer when he turns up that you don't want the change making and we can reset things for you - there'll be no difference in costs whether it happens today or tomorrow, so let us know which way you decide, thanks.
Another point to note is that we don't have a request to cancel on a ticket on your account, unfortunately I don't think we can take a forum post as formal written notification so if you're cancelling then raising a ticket or calling our support team is definitely the best way.