cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an FTTP Connection (Currently have 2 on our ONT)

cameldazzler
Grafter

Adding an FTTP Connection (Currently have 2 on our ONT)

Hiya, 

We are thinking of adding another connection to our FTTP, at the moment we have 2 of th e4 ports in use, 

1 zen line (300/50 - the max speed we can get) 
1 business plusnet FTTP Trial (80/20) 

could we add another plus net connection at 300/50? I know this would have to be classed as a residential connection,

Is it possible to get a static ip on the resi connection? 

what would be the process to add an additional connection to our ONT (if thats the right name!) 

Cheers

Daz

10 REPLIES 10
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Adding an FTTP Connection (Currently have 2 on our ONT)

@cameldazzler 

Interesting set up!

I suspect that at this time the 3rd connection would, if possible, be considered a new account - which is not available at the moment. Nor is anything on the business side of things.

Brian

cameldazzler
Grafter

so we ended up ordering an additional fttp line from BT, they need to put in a new ONT anyway as apparently we cannot have another port on ours enabled, 

so we will have 2x 300/50 lines (zen and BT) and our 80/20 line from plusnet which hopefully we will be able to upgrade to 300/50 sometime in the near future....

really looking forward to when we can upgrade all 3 to gigabit.....

Cheers

Daz

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

and our 80/20 line from plusnet which hopefully we will be able to upgrade to 300/50 sometime in the near future

@cameldazzler You should be able to do that now. It's not available as an online upgrade but if you call customer options 0800 013 2632 they should be able to help. They can even provide 900/115 if available to you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cameldazzler
Grafter

unfortunately its a business connection so they cannot upgrade it yet, 

unless they have changed this now?

(and our exchange is limited to 300/50 for the moment as we have had FTTP for 8+ years) 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Ah! sorry didnt notice it was a business connection. Must read posts more thoroughly...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cameldazzler
Grafter

i wonder if there will be any notification for when they will upgrade a business connection, would assume it cannot be to far behind? 

cameldazzler
Grafter

So it looks like plusnet is dropping business accounts, does anyone know if i can convert our business fttp trial line to a residential line with a static IP? 

we would like to stick with plusnet as we already have a line with Zen and BT and want to stick with 3 different providers (incase of issues)

Cheers
Daz

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Hey there @cameldazzler you should be able to, however I am happy to get our sales guys to give you a call to advise fully if you want?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
cameldazzler
Grafter

yes a call would be great thanks 

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

I just need the best contact number and best time to call. Please can you send it over via PM? Smiley 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team