cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80/20 Trial: Download Speed Dropped

CuBz
Grafter

80/20 Trial: Download Speed Dropped

I joined the trial earlier this week. I am usually on 40Mbps Fibre, and get download speeds of 33mbps all the time.
Since joining the trial my speed has dropped, I am getting around 25Mbps at best, but most of the time between 1-5mbps. The upload speed is fine, I am getting around 16Mbps which is good as I normally get around 1Mbps upload speed.
Also, regarding the new ZyXEL wirless router:-
The router has broadened my wireless about a metre in diameter around my home, but the signal keeps dropping even after trying many different channels. Another problem is sometimes the wireless signal will be 100% connected, but I will randomly have no internet access for about 5-20 minutes.
So far, I am having problems with speed, and the problems with the router, everything else is fine.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 80/20 Trial: Download Speed Dropped

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about the issue you're having with this, since moving to 80/20 have you noticed a speeds above 40 at all?
Also if you've not done so already could perform a speed test using the beta speed tester here http://www.speedtester.bt.com/ this should give an accurate result for 80/20 which some speedtesters don't.
Beyond that raising a fault would be the best way forward.
With regards to the router issues I've not heard of that problem with the ZyXELs before so perhaps a factory reset would be a good idea in case there's an issue with the firmware.
Let us know how you get on.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
CuBz
Grafter

Just took about 20 tests in a row on BT Speed Tester, all ranging between 11Mbps and 30Mbps. Never reached 40Mbps.
How do I raise a fault? Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

CuBz, you should visit http://faults.plus.net and follow the structured questions. I recommend you include the speed test results from the BT Speedtester in the comments section on the form. Hope we can get your connection sorted soon.