Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

BlastWave
Grafter

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

Quote from: ffox
Many posts ago it was mentioned that applications would be actioned within 7 days. No email yet though.  Sad
Edit: But perhaps that's 7 working days?   Fingers crossed!

I didn't get an email at my personal email address, just messages on My Account section of Plusnet. First I noticed though was when I used Speedtest (because I was impatient). Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ffox
I've just seen ticket 51842936 is the nearest thing I can see to an official request, looks like you closed it shortly after raising it though.
Just pop on to https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20 and submit a request from there, reply here and I'll pick it up for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Hi Cathotel,
Quote from: Cathotel

I'm just too far from the cabinet (1Km) to notice any real world difference, maybe 0.5 M in throughput and BT Profile has more or less gone back to 40/2 era and current sync speed is marginally less today (39989) than my rock solid 40000 before and it's put some interleaving back on overnight with hardly any errors reported.

How confident are you that the 1km is a reasonable line length estimate?
My connection has been variously reported by BT engineers as 820m, 1000m, 1100m.
I believe the 820m is closest to the real line length (around 600m as the crow flies), yet apart from during the first month, my connection has not exceeded 30Mb sync speed.

Paul.
ffox
Pro

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@ffox
Just pop on to https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20 and submit a request from there, reply here and I'll pick it up for you.

Done - thanks!  Smiley
Mikeyb72
Dabbler

Hi
Already with plusnet on fibre and would like to be on the 80/20 trial please
Submitted a ticket yesterday evening:  52735518
Cheers
MikeyB [Bezzaboy2005]
Cathotel
Grafter

Hi Bald_Eagle1,

Quote from: Bald_Eagle1
Hi Cathotel,
How confident are you that the 1km is a reasonable line length estimate?
My connection has been variously reported by BT engineers as 820m, 1000m, 1100m.
I believe the 820m is closest to the real line length (around 600m as the crow flies), yet apart from during the first month, my connection has not exceeded 30Mb sync speed.

Paul.

By car trip counter and by GPS tracking it's 0.65 Mile or 1Km give or take a meter or so.  There is only the one route and from my past working with a supplier to BT Line Transmission I recognise the manholes Smiley
My line started with a BT profile of 30' ish dropped to 20 with a hot modem then stabilised to 31 after replacement from August through to Mid November.
11 th Nov upto the 80/20 trial BT profile has been 38 - 38.7 and with the replacement 3B it's been 38.72 solid.
I noted BT working round the cabinet on 10th Nov and they said they were making adjustments to improve fibre speeds.  I suspect they upped the power as the cabinet is 3km from the exchange and is subject to the reduced power ref interference to ADSL service.
Recently I have had access to more info Smiley and can see my max supported down rate was 45 M with 5.5 SNR with a line sync of 40 Mbps and max up rate of 7 Mbps with SNR of 6 hence my conclusion that I will revert to a stable 40/2.
Pete 
StuartUK35
Grafter

Did the BT speedtest = not impressed  Grin Grin Grin
Just done Speedtest.net, and got this:

now thinkbroadband.co.uk:

Only way to properly test is to load up the P2P app Wink  (i pay for PRO too....) but happy to use the speed tester sites for the next 5 days to see how they do Smiley
Nuggy

Hello,
had mine turned on today. When I got home from work it was reporting 73 down and 16 up on speedtest.net. Earlier it reported 10 down 16 up and now its reporting 36 down and 16 up Smiley Strangle lol.
Nuggy

Oh and on 40 before I usually got about 37/8 down on speedtest.net
garywood84
Rising Star

My connection seems to be slowing down!  It was about 75/18 when it was first activated on Wednesday, but now I'm only getting about 68/17.  My IP profie on the BT speedtester is 69 (if it can be believed - it's wildly off on the speed test itself).  I've also noticed that my pings on speedtest.net have doubled, so I guess DLM has turned some interleaving on (it's so frustrating that you can't see the line stats from the modem to actually know for sure what's going on!).  Assuming this is the case, am I stuck with it forever now, or will it turn it off again if line conditions improve?  Or, could I request it be set to "Off", once I'm out of the training phrase?
paulpicks21
Grafter

My speeds are all over the place lately, the past few nights I have struggled to get over 30 meg until late in the evening. Sometimes as low as 18 meg, I do have the Pro add on as well.
I am putting it down to the exchange being busy at peak times but it's not ideal dropping from 70-75 to 20-30 every night.
And first thing every morning its always back up to 74-75 meg.
paulpicks21
Grafter

I ran a couple more speed tests and it has dropped to 55 meg already this morning.
I have just plugged the Netgear router back in and its straight up to between 74.5 -  75 meg for the last 4 tests.

I have my doubts about the new router I was sent, so to test the theory out I will use the Netgear router for this weekend.
weejake1
Grafter

Quote from: weejake1
hi all ,this is the speed im getting in Northern Ireland after a full 36hrs since the trial started.
im 300meters from the cabinet and using the default router that plusnet sent out WNR1000v3

as it stands now, there isnt much more because i was syncing at 39mbs before the trial since the line was improved ,before that it was 35mbs.
im sure there is a bedding in time so im hoping for a bit more UMPH
the upload speed is the big difference here..before it was just under 2mb.
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Image tags added.

just what is it that plusnet wants to achieve from all of us running these speed tests?
my maximum achievable download speed according to BT is 76.73mb/s but i have had nothing like that with any of the speed tests which have been ran.
Before when on the 40/10 package i found that during the early hours of the morning , if a speed test was done my speed would be alot better than during the daylight hours but now the 80/20 packaged is a disappointment no matter what time it is.
the upload speed for has improved by more than 7 times what i was getting but the download speed has if anything got worst .
can Plusnet do anything or is this my limit?
coachdriver
Grafter

I agree. What is the purpose of the trial ?
Is it for plusnet processes only  ?
Is it for the speed being seen by the customers ?
In my case I'm now seeing just a max of 24mbps which is much worse than before. A few people have also reported below par performance and is this something plusnet will investigate ?
BlastWave
Grafter

Still getting aroung 10mbps upload, but download speed has dropped to 17.78mbps. With the variations in speed I've been getting both before going on the trial and since, fibre doesn't seem to be any better speed wise than the ADSL package I was on before.......
If Adam or anyone from Plusnet reads this - do I need to raise a ticket? Since I went on fibre I haven't come within 7mbps of my max line speed when it was 38mbps, and now it's 60mbps but has dropped further. Sad