Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

Please note the FTTC 80/20 trial has now closed. Customers on one of our 40Mbps FTTC or ADSL products can upgrade to our new Extra Fibre up to 76Mbps product via the Product Change link in the member centre on our website.
Hi all,
We're pleased to announce that the Plusnet 80/20 FTTC trial is now open for anyone already on FTTC to take part. The only criteria to take part are that you must already have FTTC and be on either Plusnet Value Fibre or Plusnet Extra Fibre. Anyone on the original FTTC trial not on one of these products would need to switch first. Anyone who doesn't already have fibre would need to upgrade to that and have it installed first.
The trial will be free of charge until we launch an 80Mbps product at which point we will contact all of the 80/20 trial customers and offer them the choice of switching to the 80/20 product and paying whatever price that will cost or switching back to the up to 40Mbps speed for free and carry on paying the same monthly charge as now.
To take part in the trial all you need to do is go to:
http://trials.plus.net
Follow the FTTC 80/20 Trial link, read through the text and Ts & Cs, state you accept the Ts & Cs (linked at the bottom of the page) and let us know if you want a router (we have a limited stock available and we can't guarantee what router you'll receive).
Should you have any questions regarding the trial I'd ask that they be asked here, while the support teams will be aware we are doing a trial they haven't had full training yet so won't be able to answer any questions. Please also note that this is a trial and things can go wrong and it may take longer than normal to fix. Should you have a fault then please raise this as normal but again as we've only so far dealt with one FTTC 80/20 fault so far in the trial again it may take longer than normal to fix.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
1,735 REPLIES 1,735
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

Stickied
Picnic
Grafter

What's deal regarding the 10Mbps the original FTTC trialists enjoy if they don't stick on the 80/20 deal at the end of the trial? Will they continue with 10, will it suddenly cost or revert to 2?

reddev87
Grafter

I'd imagine that if they didn't want to continue with 80/20 after the end of the trial that they would go back to 40/10, the way it is now.
andun84
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That's what I assumed - that I would go back to my original package was 10mb upload. I've already asked to be signed up  Huh
WWWombat
Grafter

Nearly missed this, with it being stickied!
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Picnic
Grafter

Quote from: andun84
That's what I assumed - that I would go back to my original package was 10mb upload. I've already asked to be signed up  Huh

That's what I'm hoping to but it'd be nice to know for sure Wink Especially as we've no idea how much extra 80/20 will be.
w23
Pro

Well I only get 2Mb up so i may as well volunteer (a bit like asking my wife if she'd volunteer to eat a piece of 'new improved chocolate').
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
bluewhale
Rising Star

so what will my usage allowance be? on the trial? after the trial if i go back to where i am now?
what the score with the charges if i change now to the other package?
all very confusing, would like to do the trial, but don't want to loose what i have now and can't afford much more in price
any ballpark figure on the cost? might be out of my reach anyway...
oh and finally anyone got a job for a software engineer in london ( mainly c# these days )
KevinG
Rising Star

It would be nice to get confirmation that existing usage allowances will/will not change for the duration of the trial. Also, whether those without the Pro add-on will still be subject to the evening 20Mb/s web-throttling.
Thanks (I've registered anyway!)
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: Picnic
What's deal regarding the 10Mbps the original FTTC trialists enjoy if they don't stick on the 80/20 deal at the end of the trial? Will they continue with 10, will it suddenly cost or revert to 2?

Should you decide to switch back to 40Mbps at the end of the trial then you would move back to what you have now, so you have 40/10 now you'd go back to 40/10.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: bluewhale
so what will my usage allowance be? on the trial? after the trial if i go back to where i am now?
what the score with the charges if i change now to the other package?
all very confusing, would like to do the trial, but don't want to loose what i have now and can't afford much more in price
any ballpark figure on the cost? might be out of my reach anyway...
oh and finally anyone got a job for a software engineer in london ( mainly c# these days )

There's no special usage allowance on the trial so you'd have 40GB on Value Fibre or 120GB on Extra Fibre.
We've not yet decided on what we're going to do with 80/20 yet, our suppliers have not confirmed the wholesale cost so we haven't done the product economics yet to set a price or what kind of usage  allowance to set.
During the trial you are free to move between Extra Fibre and Value Fibre as you wish, this won't affect the 80/20 trial. At the end of the trial there is no obligation to keep 80/20, you can switch back to what you have now and continue paying the same amount you do now.
So for example, let's say you gave Value Fibre today, you take the trial and think you want a bit more usage and upgrade to Extra Fibre, at the end of the trial we launch an 80/20 product but you decide that it's either a bit more than you want to pay or 40Mbps is fast enough you can stay on Extra Fibre with 40Mbps or go back to Value Fibre with 40Mbps instead of taking the 80/20 product.

Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: KevinG
It would be nice to get confirmation that existing usage allowances will/will not change for the duration of the trial. Also, whether those without the Pro add-on will still be subject to the evening 20Mb/s web-throttling.
Thanks (I've registered anyway!)

Usage allowance stays the same. The 20Mbps HTTP rate limit on Value Fibre and Extra Fibre is going to be removed soon (hopefully before the end of the week, it'll be going through our change control process tomorrow) for all fibre customers whether they are on Value Fibre, Extra Fibre, 40Mbps or 80Mbps.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
KevinG
Rising Star

Thanks Dave, that's good news about the 20Mbps limit.
andun84
Rising Star

My order should complete within 1 working day so this time tomorrow I should be flying  Cheesy