cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage limits and upgrade speed

N/A

just looking around for a new ISP and found PN to be really good but just a few questions i need answering before i commit. Cheesy

Do u have a usage limits :?:
and when will the 4 and 8 meg be available :?:

i am a heavy user of the internet with d/ling movies and music and online gaming so if these questions could be answered that would be great. Cheesy
3 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Hiya mate...

Right. Firstly. Usage Limits.

Plusnet set no strict 'limits' as such to the amount you can download. However, if you constantly use the network in a way thet deteriorates service for other customers, then you run the risk of being warned.

By that, however, you really do have to be download insane amounts of data and pretty much max out your connection 24/7. I can comfortably download about 80Gb/month without problems.

Secondly, 4Mb and 8Mb.

There are two avenues currently being explored by Plusnet. The first of those is the current BT Wholesale method. We're all provisioned on BT lines, and therefore are restricted by what BT provide.

BT are currently trialling 'MaxDSL' which Plusnet are part of, which allows for the 4Mb and 8Mb speeds and a faster upload. Users are expected to be able to experience these services from around September onwards.

The second avenue being explored is LLU. This will not effect you if you're not unbundled by easynet at your local exchange as far as I am aware, and I certainly haven't heard any more about this since Plusnet's last announcement, so I couldn't tell you when 4Mb and 8Mb LLU services might be available.
N/A

Hiya,

I probably want to download/upload around 40 to 60GB a month but I can do it overnight... should I go for the Plus or the Premier package?

Cheers
Vicky
LiamM
Grafter

I reckon Premier might suit you more if you're wanting to download that much.

However, I would subcribe to Plus first and see how it goes. If you find that you need to change to Premier, the change is pretty much instant, and free of charge.

If not, then you save £7/month.