cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending email

N/A

sending email

I have a plusnet account as I joined many years ago and when I moved house I downgraded to a PAYG account as I could not get broadband. I know have broadband but due to exchange distance I went with BT. Most service providers didn't think I could get broadband. Anyway all is well with my BB I am tied into BT for a while and will change as soon as I can. In the meantime I can pick up my plusnet emails but not send. Is this standard do you have to be on a plusnet account to send emails. I.E do I need to set-up a BT email address to send email or use webmail.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

sending email

Normally you have to send using the BT relay - can't remember it as I haven't been with BT for ages.
Basically you need to change the "relay.plus.net" to the BT equivalent then you can use the PlusNet e-mail account to send e-mails
N/A

sending email

will I need to set-up a bt email account first? I tried mail.btinternet.com as the out but it asks for username and password. My BT account details don't work
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

sending email

Just did a check and it looks as though you are scuppered

Can I keep and use my current (non-BT) email address and use it with BT Yahoo! Mail?

Yes, providing you keep your non-BT subscription and configure your Outlook Express mail account settings to retrieve these emails. In order to send emails using your existing account you'll have to connect to your existing provider or access them using web mail (if available). If you've a broadband connection you'll only be able to send email when using your BT Yahoo! Mail account settings.
Taken from this link under related articles
N/A

email through plus net

You can send and recieve mails through plusnet by logging onto webmail use your plusnet mail settings you can recieve mails through outlook express as normal but sending using plus you have to login to webmail.
I do this all the time for some of my mail also serves to keep the account live if you ever think about moving back Shockedops:

Regards
Jim