nice to see my ip banned

Community Veteran

nice to see my ip banned

Again we go over the same ground.

Thread locked.
22 REPLIES
N/A

nice to see my ip banned

as per topic - nice to see my ip banned for no reason at all, am i that unwelcome to come and read the posts on the plusnet forum? Wink

yes, you know who iam!.
Community Veteran

nice to see my ip banned

We don't know who you are.

Members who have recently been banned may have also had thier IP addresses banned as a re-enforcement.

Chris
N/A

nice to see my ip banned

I have just been banned too. Sad ain't it? :twisted:
N/A

nice to see my ip banned

me too?
N/A

nice to see my ip banned

Me 3 Sad
csogilvie
Grafter

nice to see my ip banned

Me 3 Sad

You don't appear to be banned either by username or by IP - you couldn't post in this forum anyway if there was an IP ban anyway, as far as I can tell.
N/A

banned

Hello New to this why do people get bannedHuh Shocked
Community Veteran

nice to see my ip banned

People might be banned either for a short period or an extended time for not complying with the forum guidelines. There is a sticky in the customer support forum with more details.

Chris
N/A

nice to see my ip banned

Or indeed they may be banned for taking a post off topic, or indeed replying to a post that was already off topic,

but if you mention the fact that some moderators used to be on PN payroll and continue to hold share options, and then question whether this affects the bias of their moderation - that will certainly get you banned.
Community Veteran

nice to see my ip banned

The fact that I used to work for PlusNet has been discussed at length and isnt a secret. As for shares, I don't own any and even if I did it has nothing to do with you or anyone else. PlusNet wasn't a PLC when I left and it was over 2 years ago. You have made this assumption and then posted it without checking your facts first.

Chris
N/A

nice to see my ip banned

a qoute from the sticky:

Anybody who posts in a manner that attacks another individual or hijacks threads taking them off topic for their own ends will have their posting rights removed without notice for a period of one calendar month to allow the situation to cool down.

I did not attack an individual in my post, nor did I take the thread off topic - as preumably for me to "continue" it must have already been off topic.

Therefor as I see it no rules were infringed, and my ban was a result of heavy handed and in my opinion personal prejudice.

So you do not hold any share options, could this have not been stated before banning my account without offer of a form of regress?

As I see it and have made clear to PN this ban is completely unjust and I have identified now at least ten other users that have posted in the same manner as myself - (reply to an off topic post) these people appear to continue to post.

I have made an official complaint to PN, as you are no doubt now aware.

As stated I believe I have breached non of the rules set out in the sticky at the head of each page, and have recieved a ban as a result of nothing more than personal malice.
Community Veteran

nice to see my ip banned

Your post was off topic, I asked repeatedly for it not to drift of topic and all other forum users found it able to do this.

Also I noticed you haven't yet commented on the fact that your information regarding share options is wrong, I hope you will be mentioning this in any complaints you have made / intend to make? Perhaps I could do so should I make any?

Chris
N/A

nice to see my ip banned

So my point about share options id wrong - I apologise.

However my main point still stands.

Indeed other people did seem to continue off topic after your request in that post - particularly the one directly above mine.

after your first request:
1) Revroger posted off topic, but has since been able to remove his post ( a courtesy not extended to myself).
2) briggsyuk posted off topic
3) brookyz7 replied to that off topic post

after your second request:

1) fkarno posted off topic (and has posted since that time)

2) another moderator has used his authority to have the last say in a topic locked for the rest of us.

Indeed I may have got my information wrong regarding share holdings, but the argument as to this being a completely unfair and unjust action remain.

If you would like I can trawl through and find numerous other examples of people responding to already off topic posts, and have subsequently not been banned.

I stand by my belief that this is a personal and vindictive action taken by a moderator abusing their power.
Community Veteran

nice to see my ip banned

Well you are entitled to your belief. But the fact of the matter is you acted in a way to undermine someone by posting something you had absolutely no basis for making.

You access rights will be restored in one months time, in the same way as those other people who have ignored the forum rules.