cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

metronet-plusnet

N/A

metronet-plusnet

oki im looking at upgrading my existing 512 pay and go package at metronet for a higher speed conection and have been looking around to find anything that would be better suited

i have spoted the 2mb plus package with plusnet at £14.99 a month with no limits on dl but its the prioity catch that gets me

i do not dl a lot as it is even thou i am looking at getting more if i can get a no limit package. But my lad does play some online games (jedi academy etc) and i do some file sharing so just wondering what times roughly are the busy times (3:30 and 6 in the eveningHuh) and what is classed as capped speed to those types of files

are we talking of just being capped at 512 or does it go mad to 56k :S

those are my only 2 concerns as to switching over as the package in its self looks great but those 2 things could mean that it is not worth me looking at it and hav to think of over things

cheers
2 REPLIES
N/A

metronet-plusnet

also wondering if you migrate to PN and then cancell do you still have to pay the £60 cancelation fee as i understand it thats to cover the cost of getting your line activated and sending a modem etc

as i already have my line activated and my modem and microfilters would any cancelation costs be lower as it seems unfair to charge the same for a migration and no equipment as for full line activation and all the equipment.
craigbrass
Grafter

metronet-plusnet

Ok, basically the Plus plan gives priority to other broadband users at busy times. So you will get slower page loads ect. I always recomend people get Broadband Premier even if they are just doing a little file sharing. It's only £21.99 a month. If you look at AOL, Freeserve and others, you will see that uncapped 2mb broadband for that price is just a bargain!

As to your second question, if you already have all equipment, select "No Hardware" on signup, then if you cancel, you will only have to pay £58.75 rather than that + modem.

Hope this helps ya decide!