cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email address

N/A

email address

I'm fed up with BT overcharging, but am deterred from switching because I don't want to lose my present neat email address. Can this be retained?
3 REPLIES
Nick_Russell
Grafter

email address

I would suggest you downgrade to BT's dial-up PAYG service and keep your email address. You can then use this to receive your BT emails by collecting using Outlook Express. You may have to pay a small charge per month but maybe not.

See here - ask to go for BT Dial-up PAYG.

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/startup?version=ie55&ex=1&prmt=ANY010

If you switch to another ISP BT will probably automatically convert your account to PAYG but better check.

You can then send emails by OE from your new ISP broadband, and by setting up another account, you can send using your new ISP but the "From" email address can be set to show your old BT email. So effectively although you only have a BT dial-up PAYG account, emails can be sent and received using broadband of your new ISP.

You may have to dial-up to your BT account once every 90 days to keep it active.
N/A

email address

As a future suggestion, it's probably worth getting an internet based e-mail address, such as google, so that whatever ISP you move to in the future, you won't have to worry about this sort of stuff. Cheesy
lingbob
Grafter

email address

Another alternative would be that the OP could register their own domain.