cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail address

N/A

e-mail address

Hi, signed up to migrate yesterday. I filled the online form and where it asked for my email addy with plusnet I put my name.

I assumed it would be myname@plusnet.com

I got a confirmation email and it states my e-mail addy is gt;@myname.plus.com This is not acceptable, why did it add gt;

Also when I tried to login to the portal it asked for my username and password.

How do I get this?

Cheers
9 REPLIES
N/A

e-mail address

When you signup to elect your own username and password.

This username is used in many parts of the service. For example, my username is acarr, thus I get the following

username: acarr
email: acarr@acarr.plus.com
webspace: www.acarr.plus.com

Part of the process of signup, is that you accept this will happen.
csogilvie
Grafter

e-mail address

The gt; looks like the end of the HTML & which is a > sign, which is usually used to delimit the bit that can change - eg <anythingyoulike>@username.plus.com
N/A

e-mail address

Thanks for the quick reply

Ok, so my email addy should be myname@myname.plus.com

How come mine has got gt;@myname@plus.com

I never entered gt;

Can this be corrected or have I got to cancel the migration process and start again?

Thanks Smiley
Community Veteran

e-mail address

Just login to the portal using the username & password you registered with and change it by going to Account Detals -> Edit details which you will see under the My account section when you login.
N/A

e-mail address

Just login to the portal using the username & password you registered with and change it by going to Account Detals -> Edit details which you will see under the My account section when you login.

Managed to login in Shockedops:

That's only got my existing ISP email details. I can't find any details about my plusnet email addy
csogilvie
Grafter

e-mail address

You can't change your existing email details (for PlusNet) as you don't need to. anything@username.plus.com will be delivered to you ny default.
N/A

e-mail address

You can't change your existing email details (for PlusNet) as you don't need to. anything@username.plus.com will be delivered to you ny default.

So if some one sends me an email to say, fredbloggs@martynwilliams.plus.com I will receive it, is that correct?

So what will my plusnet email address be?

Sorry for the questions, but as you can tell I'm easily confused :? Smiley
csogilvie
Grafter

e-mail address

Correct - even swdfsdfsdfsdfgsdsgsg@username.plus.com will be delivered to you Smiley

What do you mean what is your plusnet address? The official address to monitor is postmaster@username.plus.com.
N/A

e-mail address

Correct - even swdfsdfsdfsdfgsdsgsg@username.plus.com will be delivered to you Smiley

What do you mean what is your plusnet address? The official address to monitor is postmaster@username.plus.com.

Thanks, I understand now. Smiley

Cheers to everyone for clearing that up.

Well I must say I like this forum idea, especially to help with problems, good start with my migration to plusnet.

I hope everything else goes smoothly Smiley