cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropping connection

N/A

dropping connection

Hi, I'm sure plusnet are doing all they can to correct my problem, but I would also like to know what is happening.

I recently upgraded to a 2mb connection and it has been running very well as i've been bragging off to my mates at work!

now suddenly I have had connection problems, like no signal at all all day and now the signal is lost at around 18:00hrs and comes back on again around 22;00hrs. so much for allways on broadband. I am of course not too happy with this and would like an explanation.

I have open tickets on this fault but no-one gives me any feedback.

I have done all the tests like connect direct to main socket, change filters, and tried another modem - still no signal. but of course it's on now and i dont know if/when it will drop again, although i suspect it will be about tea time tomorrow after i come in from work and want to use the internet.
5 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

dropping connection

Sounds like a BT problem to me. For a faster response, you could try plusnet customer support on 0845 1400200. Though the people that would deal with your fault work only 9-5.
N/A

dropping connection

thanks martin, plusnet has run several tests and now all appears to be ok, I intend to have my master socket relocated as the adsl takes priority over the phone line as far as i'm concerned. so, maybe any bt faults will be sorted out at the same time.
LiamM
Grafter

dropping connection

I didn't know that you could actually get your master socket relocated, but rather have branch sockets installed that run from the master socket.
N/A

dropping connection

Hey
You can do anything you want (within reason) as long as you are prepared to "pay" for it Cool
N/A

dropping connection

thanks for feedback folks,

so far all is now sorted, I didn't have to do anything at my end, the connection stays on and all is well...............