cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut-offs !

N/A

cut-offs !

I am trying to download IE7 which with my machine takes 1hr and 22 minutes. Plus.net cuts me off after 1hr and so I am unable to complete the download.
Helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.
David.
6 REPLIES
pppbm
Grafter

cut-offs !

Just a thought but you might do better than go to your local WH Smith and have a look at the Computer Mags to see if there is a copy of IE7 on any of the 'Cover Disks'. I know one of the XP mags had it recently and now it is in the open I guess others might.
If you have real problems finding a copy let me know because I'm sure I had a Beta copy somewhere and that might be enough to get you into an update that takes less than a hour.
Good luck.
N/A

cut-offs

Thank you pppbm for your helpful suggestion re IE7 Unfortunately there is a further relating problem. I also need soon to download an AVG7.5 anti-virus programme which will take 4hrs.22minutes.
How can I do that ?
Thanks again,
David
pppbm
Grafter

cut-offs !

You really do have a problem. I cannot help you with either as I don't seem to be able to find the IE7 Beta that I had and the AVG issue is not easy either.
You need to find someone you know who will download for you on a broadband connection or consider getting BB yourself.
Sorry I cannot help you out but good luck.
N/A

cut-offs !

If you download IE7 via the Windows update tool, it should continue downloading the updates from the point it got to before the connection was broken.

It won't help with the AVG issue though unfortunately.

As suggested, do you know somebody with Broadband whose connection you could 'borrow'?
Community Veteran

cut-offs !

You could use a download manager that gives you "resume" capability.
N/A

cut-offs

Thank you each for your various replies seeking to help me. I did eventually find a download manager which did the trick.
Thanks again.
David Nichols