cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection..

N/A

connection..

i am a couple of weeks away from getting broadband active in my area.. but need some advice ... i have a couple of computers which i do not not want to network... but would like to keep as they are now with either one or the other connected to broadband but not both on at same time... is it possible to have just 2 standard broadband modems, one for each computer.. so either one or the other is on... as my dial up modems are now....? as all i hear of is networking them which i do not want to do..... can someone please help on this.... thanks....vince.
3 REPLIES
N/A

connection..

That can be done, however, it is my understanding that most modem will attempt to sync with the ADSL signal, even if they are not logged on.

This will mean that you must disconnect the modems from the phone line when they are not in use, or power down one of the computers whilst the other is in use.
N/A

connection..

thats exactly how they are used now 1 is off when other in use.... so it will work ok like that then...... i assume using same info in both for setting them up when the time comes.....?
Community Veteran

connection..

Both modems will be setup the same.