cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after sign up..

N/A

after sign up..

hi there my exchange is due to be enabled next week and was gonna sign up with plusnet, i have my own hardware, (us robotics 9000 usb modem plus filters as needed)) but was wondering after sign up what information is sent to me and how... such as setup info , is there plusnet software to install, how do i enter user and password etc.... what is sent out to everyone? and how..?
thanks.. vince.
9 REPLIES
N/A

forgot to mention...

sorry forgot to mention 1 was going for the home premier 21.99 package...Sad
vince....
Community Veteran

after sign up..

Hi,
PlusNet don't actually send out much information at all - at least they didn't when I signed up for them a couple of years ago. (Unless you get one of their starter packs, but you evidently haven't.) However, PlusNet do have an extensive customer support section, located here, which has guides on setting up your connection etc. And you can always ask in the forums if you have any problems. Smiley

Thomas
Brickinit
Grafter

after sign up..

i seem to remember that i had to instal a dial up account for plusnet and all the information was sent to me via e-mail to that account and it was plain sailing as they say
Community Veteran

after sign up..

Yes just open up a free Pay-As-You-Go account using the sign up from the main portal. This will set you up with a username and password of your choice.
Then when your exchange is enabled for ADSL follow the upgrade path from the portal home page.
N/A

thanks guys

thank you very much for info so far.... i will open payg today... exchange supposed to be enabled wed this week..... just was wondering as i will be setting up a dial up account for now..... how do i change this on computer to connect using adsl connection with own modem (as above)( with drivers already installed, eager am i not Smiley)..... hoping and praying i get activated of course..Smiley
1 other question off topic i know.. but are there many problems with the accounts dept with plusnet, dont see many complaints on here so assume they are ok.... billing on time and correct etc etc.?..Smiley)
vince..
Community Veteran

after sign up..

Firstly changing from dialup to ADSL you should just be able to select the method of connecting from the connections option of Internet Explorer.
Tools > Internet options > Connections.

Secondly. I have never had any problems with billing on my account which I have had for many years.
As you commented there are very few posts concerning billing problems so It seems to me that problems are few. Smiley
Brickinit
Grafter

after sign up..

iseem to remember having to add a couple of items in networking whilst using Win ME, but when i upgraded to Win XP it seemed to set it self up apart from what john said about settings in internet explorer,as opposed to opting for,always dial my default connection, you set it as ,never dial a connection.
N/A

up and running...with payg..

well i am up and running on payg... so will check exchange info tomorrow and if all ok will go ahead with upgrade, yes i have windows me on this computer and xp on my laptop... i dont know anyone else with a computer that has broadband yet so cannot see how they have it set up....... but i do have the basic idea of connecting equipment and filters, still confused on entering my user and password as to where i actually enter it for an adsl connection..... do i have to create something to actually enter it somewhere....as in dialup....like i say this is where i am confused... and settings for modem i assume are auto for uk isp........ ?? Shockedops:
vince..
N/A

info..

oh thats how i always keep my setting now....never dial a connection, thanks for that bit...Smiley while i have payg i did manage to transfer my website over.... so getting used to plusnet a little... oh and thats me on there now , www.buggybridgebarn.plus.com
just seem to be a little thick getting myself going with adsl.....
vince...