cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow, what do people have to do to get away?

N/A

Reading some of these threads makes my hair stand on end. People having to complain everywhere to try and get away from this lot. I had heard they were reasonable, somebody lied to me.

No wonder you locked the thread of someone asking if they should join Plus Net, I would abolish the forums all together if they expect to get any more customers after a guest visit here.

Is it possible to get away?
21 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Hi there
They are reasonable and it is very easy to move should you wish to and i wouldnt let the rantings of a few individuals put you off joining they are a great isp

what you have to remember is there are certain rules and regulations (t&c`s) when you join up which all members have to abide by inc 30 days notice to leave and all payments owed to be paid beforehand which i think is fair enough

what your seeing is people who want to move but dont want to abide by these rules who think its there right to leave immediately and for free and by shouting loudly enough on these forums its going to get them somewhere

Dont let it put you off ive been with plus for a few years and although there has been a breakdown in communication of late there service remains second to none
N/A

If by "second to none" you mean an ISP that changes TOS willy-nilly and whenever they want to, and to whatever they want to, in order squeeze their customer base further, then you may be right.

If by "second to none" you mean an ISP that has consistently refused to allow old customers the chance to leave without penalty because of those changes, once their true extent, becomes clear instead of before... Then you may also be right.

Put it this way... PN claim that 1% of their customers use as much resources as the other 99% combined, and so the silent majority are subsidising the vocal minority. In other words 1% of their customers have been using at least 51% of system resources

If that is the real reason for throttling, capping and drastically limiting usage, instead of maximising profits by curtailing their customer's use of their service, ask yourself this:

Now that they have taken to throttling even moderate users, so that this situation is no longer the case, have PN announced a 50% drop in charges for the remaining 99% of users?

Think about those numbers for a minute.
N/A

If by "second to none" you mean an ISP that has consistently refused to allow old customers the chance to leave without penalty

I have to correct that massive inaccuracy. Old customers are in no way penalised or prevented from leaving. To say so is just plain wrong.

New customers who wish to leave or migrate are not penalised or prevented from leaving either.

Any customer who has contractural obligations and who wishes to leave, will, if applicable, be held to the obligations to which they agreed on sign up. This is normal and reasonable.

Secondly, Plus Net recently changed its Terms and Conditions and in doing so gave every customer the opportunity to accept or refuse the new terms. If they refused to accept, they were permitted to leave without being held to any contractural obligations or facing any penalty.

Plus Net manage their network in accordance with the terms and conditions accepted by every customer on sign up. To say otherwise is inaccurate and misleading.
N/A

@pcsni

If you're going to quote me and say it's inaccurate, at least have the courtesy to quote the entire sentence so that it is context.

I'm sure I don't need to point out to the more erudite readers, that the part of the sentence you deliberately snipped out to erroniously make your point, was in fact, in bold for just that reason.

Let me re-quote myself, for the benefit of the hard of understanding.

"If by "second to none" you mean an ISP that has consistently refused to allow old customers the chance to leave without penalty because of those changes, once their true extent, becomes clear instead of before... Then you may also be right."

Now, the only way to justifiably and credibly call this statement "wildly inaccurate" would be to link the reader to a statement by PN that clearly offers all old users, a free MAC code migration without penalty if they find the the new service levels unacceptable. Either because they feel they were misled by the scope of the changes outlined in the Email, or because they wanted to give PN the benefit of the doubt.

Do you have such a link?
Community Veteran

leafee,

Please stop the argumentative attitude, this is not what the forums are for.

Chris
N/A

If by "second to none" you mean an ISP that has consistently refused to allow old customers the chance to leave without penalty because of those changes, once their true extent, becomes clear instead of before... Then you may also be right

Sorry leafee you have lost me here....... perhaps you know something I don't but as old customer (check my joined date) what penalties would I have to pay should I decide to leave apart from needing to give 30 days notice?
holdtight
Grafter

Indeed sunhouse afaik same here if i wanted to leave which i dont i could easily without penalty just thirty days notice

When the new t&c`s were introduced members were given ample chance to reject them and leave free of charge
if they didnt agree and didnt leave they have no one to blame but themselves, new members had to read the very same t&c`s when joining and if they didnt once again no one to blame but themselves

I have not always agreed with the way plusnet have gone about doing things of late but as a service supplied to me i stand by my original claim
N/A

"if i wanted to leave which i dont i could easily without penalty just thirty days notice "

Quite right - as an old customer who recently migrated, I was not penalised in any way. In fact, it cost me less than I expected, due to my misunderstanding of the 30 days notice I guess - thought I'd have a month more to pay than I actually did.
N/A

*Sigh*

How many times, am I going to have to say this?

PN should offer anybody tied into a 12 month contract a chance to leave without having to pay for several unused months, if they feel dissatisfied with the way the new traffic shaping policies are effecting them... Remember guys, not everyone is fortunate enough to be on a monthly contract. Do you understand, now?

I've also made the lettering bold in the above posts to highlight the fact, that people should be given that option now (not just weeks ago before traffic shaping was brought in) but now!
When the new t&c`s were introduced members were given ample chance to reject them and leave free of charge
if they didnt agree and didnt leave they have no one to blame but themselves,
Many people feel they were mislead or that the scope of the changes were understated in the Email they received prior to the implementation... PN should offer all these people who are tied to a 12 month contract the option to surrender those contracts without penalty, now that they've had a chance to experience how the new policy effects them

Honestly guys (and I'm really not trying to be belligerent or sarcastic here - fa55dsl, please take note) but without drawing pictures, I've no idea how I could make this any clearer for you.
N/A

How many times, am I going to have to say this?

Thats actually the first time you have made what you were trying to say, clear.

Where you were getting confused was in the use of the term "old customers"

You are in fact talking about new or recent customers or those with contractural obligations.

But yay. We got there in the end. Smiley
N/A

But yay. We got there in the end. Smiley

Cheesy WooHoo
N/A

I started this thread. Do you really think that new ciustomers will join up with the issues here, it's obvious there is a leaving problem for people who felt miss-lead and , wow, if someone can't argue a case without being thumped by a mod, what the hell are the forums for? Love ins?

Will go away and you will be glad to know won't come back. Two brief glances enough, will explore further for ADSL product.
N/A

I feel the same way as the guest above, now, it is interesting that no one has attempted to reply here.
Community Veteran

Who are you wanting a reply from? PlusNet generally don't reply to posts in this forum, if you want a specific answer from them before signing up for a product then you could raise a Contact Sales ticket here and see if they can help.

Chris