cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I really need to do to get PlusNet broadband?

N/A

Hi all
I am using Telewest broadband services at the moment. In 2 weeks time we are moving down the town. Unfortunately, we would not be able to have Telewest anymore, however there will be NTL and BT of course.

My questions are:
What is the first thing that I need to do before I subscribe for PlusNet broadband? From what I understand, I need to have a BT phone line first and then sign up for PlusNet broadband. I will then need to connect the modem given by PlusNet to the phone socket on the wall, is this correct? Another question, can I use NTL phone line instead of BT. OR
Do I need to subscribe BT Broadband first and then migrate to PlusNet broadband. Surely, I do not need to do this because it would take a year before I can migrate to PlusNet!

I do not want to sign up for NTL or BT Broadband because they both have download limits.

Please anyone, help me as I really need to make this one clear.

Thanks
4 REPLIES
N/A

Just need a BT phone line on basic package, which is £10.50 per month. Once activated, you can then just sign up using the number provided.

They'll send you a modem, software and modem cable along with your username and password. Just connect and away you go!
N/A

No need to sign up for Bt broadband. Plusnet will connect the line to adsl on your behalf.

The whole thing takes about a week or 2 once you've connected your number and signed up to Plusnet.
N/A

Hi there,

As stated above, you will simply need to get a phone line from BT. Once that is installed and activated you can check to see if your line will support ADSL, most do, and simply apply through Plus net to have your line activated.

No need to worry about NTL or BT Broadband. Plus net will get you activated from the off.

Any other queries, just ask.
N/A

Thanks for the info, will do that before we moved in.