cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Modem/Filters

N/A

What Modem/Filters

Im thinking of taking up broadband & Plusnet seems to get good reviews. Perhaps i havnt looked hard enough on the site but can somebody tell me what modem is supplied for £34.99 & if / how many filters are supplied.

Many Thanks. :?:
6 REPLIES
N/A

What Modem/Filters

Assuming that you're talking USB, it's the Voyager 105 and comes with two filters.

I believe that the PCI modem is also £34.99, but I don't know what's what with that one.
N/A

What Modem/Filters

The PCI modem is also £34.99 and is the A220 PCI Modem.

Further details for both of these modems, such as install guides and drivers, can be found on this page.
N/A

What Modem/Filters

Thanks for your replies.
Thinking of the future when i might purchase an additional pc etc. i now think i might be better off purchasing a router now instead of a USB BB modem.
Please excuse my lack of knowledge here but if i do purchase a router i take it i must also purchase & fit (confidence low here!) a network card before i can use it, i cant just connect my one existing pc directly to the router for now as i would the USB modem??

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Community Veteran

What Modem/Filters

Does your PC have a network/Ethernet port - most modern systems do now? if so you can just connect the PC to the router. If not, fitting a PCI network card is very easy (and much easier than a USB device) and they cost as little as £5.

As for a router, I would recommend the Netgear DG834 for about £65.
N/A

What Modem/Filters

It depends on your PC since most newer PC's have an ethernet network port on the main motherboard. Have a look at the back of your PC, you may already have one.

Aaron
N/A

What Modem/Filters

I dont appear to have one fitted, well i cant see one anyway. My pc is a little over 4 years old now. It sounds like it might be a better option for me.