cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View My Usage and Zone Alarm Firewall

N/A

I am on the dial-up Connect Lite User plan, and have tried to check the View My Uasge but the page says it has no information for my peroid of time or some such wording. Does the fact that I have recently installed Zone Alarm firewall have any affect on the ability of the View My Usage to work properly.

Thanks Cheesy
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I can't see why it should have any effect on it but you could always try with it switched off just to check.
A right click on the icon in the task bar should give you the option to disable it until next time you fire up the PC.
N/A

OK John, thanks for the reply, I shall have a go and just switch it off just to check the Viwe My Usage, and see if it makes any difference.
I have the Zone Alarm set to maximum effect so nothing can enter of leave my pc without me knowing, only certain programmes I have allowed access to the net and certainly nothing is allowed in, maybe that has something to do with it, anyway I shall turn it off whilst I check.

Thanks Cheesy
N/A

VMU isnt working for quite a few of us dialup people at the moment and Plusnet have been looking at it for over a week with no solution yet.
N/A

I can't see why it should have any effect on it but you could always try with it switched off just to check.
A right click on the icon in the task bar should give you the option to disable it until next time you fire up the PC.

Sad Bad advice!!!

It's not good to leave your computer without a firewall, particularly so if you do not have the added protection of the hardware firewall in most routers.

Do not leave your firewall switched off until the next time you boot! If you must disable it to check the functionality of a page-load, then you should immediately re-start it from the start menu once you have done the page load.