cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to my webmail account

N/A

Can Plusnet please tell me what is going on with webmail. I have turned to this forum as the only way of getting a message through, as there seems no other avenue to seek an answer to the problem. As an overseas 'free' PAYG user, I am used to connecting to my account on a regular basis, but over the last 36 hours everytime I try to log in, I receive the error message that I have entered an invalid username and password (which of course I have not). All the messages about spam filters, new email delivery servers mean very little to me as an IT non-techie. But it would seem that whatever changes have been put in place have exorcised me from my account.
I would be grateful for a reply from the support team and to know when I will be able to log in again.
28 REPLIES
N/A

Addendum to myl ast message

sorry as I've had to log on as guest, I omitted to include my mailbox and username: hongtingna; tinar
N/A

Exactly the same has happened to me! I have not been able to access plusnet webmail for the last 2 days. I am given 'invalid username and password' messages too. I am free PAYG customer, but previously had been a fully paid up broadband and dialup customer for at least 6 years. I have tried all avenues of contact to no avail! Come on Plusnet, what is going on? Cry Cry Cry

Sue
Community Veteran

Hi there,

Are you not able to access the portal at all by your usernames and passwords? If you are, I'd suggest trying to raise a ticket with the support guys, or if push comes to shove, give them a call on 0845 145 0200 and see if they can re-set your password for you.

Sorry it's not much help at this stage, but that's all I can think of for now.

Regards,

Roger.
N/A

Thanks for the reply, Roger.

I have tried accessing the Plusnet portal and that doesn't work either. Have also tried ringing the number you suggested but was on hold for ages and ages. I will try the number again tomorrow when it might be quieter. I have been told by a friend that Plusnet deletes the account every 60 days after you've migrated ISP and you have to phone to get it re-instated. Is this true?

Cheers,

Sue
Community Veteran

If its a Free PAYG account and you dont access it over a certain time then yes it will get removed.
N/A

I can understand if you don't use the account. However, I have used my account. I've downloaded my E-mails (mostly) daily and have accessed the portal within the time period. All I want is to download my current E-mails! I am currently trying to get everything redirected to my new ISP/E-mail account. One of my big bugbears with Plusnet has been trying to access customer support. Just try it with no access to the portal!

Sue
Community Veteran

Hmmm. I have just tried to use the support pages as guest and guest and you are right in that it does seem to be imposible. Sad
All I can suggest then is that you do as rogerloxton says and contact support by telephone. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
N/A

Thanks for the help. I have finally managed to contact support by telephone. It seems you have to dial-up once every 3 months to keep a free PG account active.

Cheer,

Sue
Community Veteran

So,

Judging from your post, you're now back in the land of the living Sue?
N/A

Hmmm....Was back in the land of living, but now it's not working again. cannot log into the portal again either. This is unbelievable! Is there any logical explanation?

Sue Cry
Community Veteran

oh dear.. that's not so good Sue, and I really can't offer any explanation, other than the one you were given by customer services.

I'll see if I can give someone from the comms team a nudge to see if he can find out what's going on.

Roger.
Community Veteran

@eltringham

Hi Sue.

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having.This is currently an open problem which we are investigating and relates to the automated script which runs, post migration, to change your account to a free PAYG account. This is designed to give ex customers access to the portal and ticket system for 60 days post migration.

Unfortunately, despite my colleague re activating your account yesterday, the automated script ran again last night and disabled your account. This will keep happening until the problem is identified and resolved.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to a successful resolution.
N/A

Thanks for the reply. My account has been activated twice now, I still can't access Plusnet. Any ideas when this problem will be resolved? Will my account be reactivated automatically or will I have to go through the lengthy phonecall to customer support again. Cheers,

Sue
N/A

Has the problem been identified and resolved yet? The guy at customer support and all his colleagues seemed to think it would be simple to fix!

I still can't access my Plusnet account or E-mail.

Sue