cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - ISDN Connection?/Micro Filters?

N/A

I am in the process of completing the application form for Plusnet Plus Broadband.

The following question has been requested: "Do you have a ISDN connection installed?" Not sure about this, could someone explain please?

Micro FiltersHuh I have two BT wall sockets - The downstairs one has a dual connector for (1) BT Land line (2) Sky TV. The Upstairs bedroom socket has a long lead extension cable to my computer. Does this pose any problems for Broadband and how many Micro Filters will i require and where should i fit them?

Grateful for any assistance

Ernest
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I suspect you would know if you have IDSN installed it is a faster way of accesing th internet than dail up but not as fast as Broadband. Microfilters are used when you get ADSL to split the line into two sections the ADSL and the voice and you need them for ADSL to work if you are getting your modem/router off PN these should be included.

Hope This Helps, Good Luck With The ADSL and Welcome To The Forums!

Edit: I didn't read your question about micro filters properly.
You will need 2 micro filters one for each socket.
N/A

I suspect you would know if you have IDSN installed it is a faster way of accesing th internet than dail up but not as fast as Broadband. Microfilters are used when you get ADSL to split the line into two sections the ADSL and the voice and you need them for ADSL to work if you are getting your modem/router off PN these should be included.

Hope This Helps, Good Luck With The ADSL and Welcome To The Forums!

Edit: I didn't read your question about micro filters properly.
You will need 2 micro filters one for each socket.

Thanks for your prompt reply , no7oliver, hopefully i can now make the necessary headway in joining you all; can't wait to get up a head of steam!!! Cheesy

Gratefully

Ernest
Community Veteran

You may find the tutorial here useful for information on wiring and filters.
N/A

Many thanks johnessex for that useful info,I will have a browse. Application form now complete and should be up and running in 5 to 7 days all being well; can't wait to get off this slow boat to China :lol:

Any other useful tips will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Ernest

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed there is no need to quote all of a preceding post.