Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Those sneaky spammers

Highlighted

Those sneaky spammers

It was great news when Free-online extended the Spam intercept to those of us who are low-volume e-mail, dial up connections Cheesy

The number of spams, some very graphically offensive that my family might see, was cut almost to zero. Smiley

And I do not mind logging onto the Free-Online Home page and clearing out the SPAM box because I know there is at least one degree of seperation between offensive spam and my family. Smiley

But now I notice more spams are sneaking past the Free-Online intercept; why is that Sad
Some even fools my Norton Anti-Spam software and gets into the Outlook In-box Sad
Any advice please on how to tighten up the SPAM detection in either Free-Online or my own Anti-Spam line of defence :?:

Yours

John Wiggell
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Those sneaky spammers

I've noticed the same thing. In fact the more spam emails I forward to the despammer address, the more spam I seem to get!!

I'm even getting some through to my inbox with the [SPAM] indication in the subject line. For some reason they have a "1" before the [SPAM] but surely these should go straight to the spam folder.

John

Those sneaky spammers

Okay, so that is two of us and the only coincidence is we are both called John. :?

But we both are no nearer a reason for this, so would someone know whether the SPAM is getting "cleverer" or is there a flaw in the anti-spam software at either Free-Online or Norton AV. :?:

A few statistics:

Free-online intercepted 111 SPAMs to my e-mail address in 48 hrs, which increased to 112 whilst I was online. 11 SPAMs got through and were detected by NAV, whilst a 12th ended up in my inbox. :!:

Yours,

John
Grafter

Those sneaky spammers

I'm even getting some through to my inbox with the [SPAM] indication in the subject line. For some reason they have a "1" before the [SPAM] but surely these should go straight to the spam folder.

I had one of those today. I noticed that it did not have the usual Dspam headers. I suspect that there's a glitch or two in the FOL system.

Jim