cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Those sneaky spammers

Highlighted
N/A

Those sneaky spammers

It was great news when Free-online extended the Spam intercept to those of us who are low-volume e-mail, dial up connections Cheesy

The number of spams, some very graphically offensive that my family might see, was cut almost to zero. Smiley

And I do not mind logging onto the Free-Online Home page and clearing out the SPAM box because I know there is at least one degree of seperation between offensive spam and my family. Smiley

But now I notice more spams are sneaking past the Free-Online intercept; why is that Sad
Some even fools my Norton Anti-Spam software and gets into the Outlook In-box Sad
Any advice please on how to tighten up the SPAM detection in either Free-Online or my own Anti-Spam line of defence :?:

Yours

John Wiggell
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Those sneaky spammers

I've noticed the same thing. In fact the more spam emails I forward to the despammer address, the more spam I seem to get!!

I'm even getting some through to my inbox with the [SPAM] indication in the subject line. For some reason they have a "1" before the [SPAM] but surely these should go straight to the spam folder.

John
N/A

Those sneaky spammers

Okay, so that is two of us and the only coincidence is we are both called John. :?

But we both are no nearer a reason for this, so would someone know whether the SPAM is getting "cleverer" or is there a flaw in the anti-spam software at either Free-Online or Norton AV. :?:

A few statistics:

Free-online intercepted 111 SPAMs to my e-mail address in 48 hrs, which increased to 112 whilst I was online. 11 SPAMs got through and were detected by NAV, whilst a 12th ended up in my inbox. :!:

Yours,

John
jkerr82508
Grafter

Those sneaky spammers

I'm even getting some through to my inbox with the [SPAM] indication in the subject line. For some reason they have a "1" before the [SPAM] but surely these should go straight to the spam folder.

I had one of those today. I noticed that it did not have the usual Dspam headers. I suspect that there's a glitch or two in the FOL system.

Jim