cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I signup?

N/A

Should I signup?

Looking around the forum, there seems to be many many problems at the moment.
28 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Should I signup?

PlusNet's certianly had its fair share of issues lately, but any ISP who has a forum like this will always have a couple visable.

The vast majority of users are happy. I guess it depends on your requirements.

Chris
N/A

Should I signup?

do a little research online - disscussion forums etc.. e.g. http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet

current feeling is do not touch plusnet with a bargepoll
N/A

Should I signup?

Current feeling from whom? There are a few disgruntled customers on the forums. They are in no representative of the 115k+ Plus Net customer base. Even as a Free online customer you know only to well that that statement is not factual.

The posting of speculative comments like that help no-one.

To the OP, I'd say yes, sign up. If you need to download lots of tunes or DVD's or even numerous linux distros per day then maybe Plus net is not for you.

If, however, you want fast, reliable and value for money internet browsing, http downloads and email, with some or occasional P2P downloads, then Plus net is perfect.
Community Veteran

Should I signup?

To that guest user - You're a PlusNet customer and you do.

Chris
N/A

Re: Should I signup?

Thank you for all the comments etc, I've decided to signup to Metronet as I cannot see a long term future for plusnet with all the current problems you chaps have.
N/A

Re: Should I signup?

Thank you for all the comments etc, I've decided to signup to Metronet as I cannot see a long term future for plusnet with all the current problems you chaps have.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34351&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

^^ the last two pages of that thread sealed the deal. The plusnet Reps and the mods (childish bully Hitler dictator) behaviour was APPALLING! I HOPE PLUSNET CRASH AND BURN!

goodbye
Community Veteran

Should I signup?

I'm sorry you feel that way but I don't really think you can get a full story from one angry user's post.

^^ the last two pages of that thread sealed the deal. The plusnet Reps and the mods (childish bully Hitler dictator) behaviour was APPALLING! I HOPE PLUSNET CRASH AND BURN!

I think comments like that are uncalled for. What ISP are you with guest? Im assuming you are both different users?
N/A

Should I signup?

Oh dear me!

Was passing through as I'm in the market for a new ISP but what a mess you guys seem to have gotten into. It wasn't that long ago when +net was one of the "better" ISPs around - how times have changed. :?

Retroactivley applying CAP penalties? No way for your customers to even monitor their usage? A big marketing-speak sticky that basically says we are going to sort out todays problems in .....<drum roll>.....2006! At the risk of repeating myself, "oh dear me"!

And unfortuantly the thread linked above means that I will continue my search.

I hope you guys get yourselves sorted out soon.

P.S. get rid of that Brown bloke - he's not doing you any favours.

P.P.S Different guest to the others above.
LiamM
Grafter

Should I signup?

Bear in mind that a select few individuals can make a lot of noise if they're unhappy. Happy Customers aren't going to make any noise really. So it's unfair to judge based solely on the boards.

My experience with Plusnet is that, whilst there have been comms issues in the past, things are improving. You only have to read a couple of sticky posts in the Customer Feedback forum for honest answers as to Plusnet's plans for the future.

My connection is reliable, speeds are great most of the time and when I've had to call the CSC they're generally very helpful.

I manage about 10-15 other accounts all of whom are more than happy. As long as you are not a leecher, in my opinion, Plusnet offer a fantastic product at an even better price point.
Community Veteran

Should I signup?

Hey Liam slightly off topic, but you remember a while ago BT was messing up a load of activations and you'd reccomended someone who was caught up in it and giving you a load of greif - are they happy now?
LiamM
Grafter

Should I signup?

They are indeed.... Cheesy
Community Veteran

Should I signup?

Gd, Gd!
N/A

Should I signup?

To that guest user - You're a PlusNet customer and you do.

Chris

yes but i currently would not sign up for the plusnet "service" and the OP is surely after the voice of existing users who have plusnet experience and not that of forum moderators who will obviously be biased towards plusnet.
Community Veteran

Should I signup?

The guest account is for prospective customers to ask questions, not existing customers to use it as a cloak to post without showing who they are.

Chris