cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoud i contact the police about plusnet?

N/A

Because they are stealing my money. Ive been without useable internetaccess for 2 days now and plusnet have made no attempts to fix this. The customer service is a joke and im tied into this 12 month contract bollocks. Add to the fact they change there t&c like the wind and enforce ridiculusly low caps on people.

Its a fucking joke, ive proven with the bt speedchceker that the fault is with plusnet but still nothing from them. What a bunch of cowboys, and at they rate they are loosing members, they will and are going down the pan.

What a fucking cowboy service. Ill be speaking with a friend of mine to see if i can get out of thsi 12 month contractand ill be claiming back the days ive been without usage.
18 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

If you have proved there is a problem with your connection and line using the BT speedtester then the fault lies squarely at BT`s feet not plusnets

Plusnet will contact BT wholesale who will get on the case to fix the problem in there own sweet time its always like that with BT a waiting game

Its no good blaming plusnet if the fault is with your line you will have the same problem whatever isp your with and 2 days is nothing compared to some who wait for good old BT to get there act together

If you dont like the service or the new T&C`s then move no one is forcing you to stay
N/A

If you dont like the service or the new T&C`s then move no one is forcing you to stay

*cough* except the OP stated they were tied into a 12 month contract.

If you can prove PN were at fault, then maybe you should ask if they will move your next billing date to reflect the days you've been without service.
N/A

Hi ricflair,

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Unfortunately the process to investigate and diagnose faults is slow and somtimes cumbersome. The current volume of tickets with the support team doesnt make this any quicker.

Some of the regulars on the forum are very knowledgable and if you can provide a bit more detail on your issue, some of us may be able to identify where the problem lies and point you towards the best course of resolution.

Can you give us the results of the speed tests , including the BT test? As Aaron has stated, if you prove that the fault is with Plus Net, there is a chance that your billing date may be adjusted.
N/A

Police, not a good idea but....

ofcom, trading standards... etc,etc
is a good idea
LiamM
Grafter

But Simon... lot's of people claim to have done that and where has it got them?. The furthest you could go is to say what Plusnet have done wrong recently is immoral (new prices, culling of you and wade etc...). But not illegal.
N/A

Plusnet will contact BT wholesale who will get on the case to fix the problem in there own sweet time its always like that with BT a waiting game

You can say that again, it 's now 7 days since my fault was passed back to BTw (for the third time), not heard anything from them. I asked PN via a ticket 3 days ago if they have had any updates, no answer as expected. Communication between BTw - ISP and the EU is appauling. I'm left totally in the dark and guessing as to when my connection will be fixed. Will they contact me this week, next week, next month ??Who knows.... I pity anybody who has to deal with BTw. Whilst all this crap is going on I'm suffering with speeds below 100kbps on the BT Tester.

8pm lastnight:
96 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.
N/A

Not sure who Simon is. But this lot will trip up, TS will get fed up with complaints about hiding the information that people need to understand what they are signing up for. And you know the old saying, the bigger they come the harder they fall.
Community Veteran

guest,

Are you potential customer looking for information about PlusNet from other customers and staff members, if so what would you like to know? If not then please don't continue to post in these forums in this manner. The Guest access for the forums is for new customers to ask questions, not ex customers who still feel they have an axe to grind. There are plenty of other places on the net to do this.

Chris
LiamM
Grafter

Funnily enough it's an F2S IP and that IP has made 11 posts as Guest in these forums.
Community Veteran

I'm supprised there isn't enough to talk about on their own forums, today of all days Smiley
N/A

this seems an unhappy place, won't sign up here, what's this f2s like that is being talked about?
Community Veteran

This isn't really the right place to ask about another ISPs services, I'd suggest you go to their forums (if they have them) and ask there or try ADSL Guide.

Chris
N/A

Ts&Cs

If memory serves me correctly if the provider changes their Ts&Cs you don't have to agree and can serve them notice.

This is true for any provider of services not just ISPs. You don't have to accept the new terms BUT you may have to if you wish to continue with they're service. Hope that makes a little sense.
LiamM
Grafter

Your quite right.

Plusnet notified their entire customer base by email back in August advising them of the change, if you wished to, you could leave within a 14 day window and break out of any contractual time obligations.

If you stayed, you were accepting the new terms.