cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service outage not on website

N/A

I am a new Plusnet Teleworker Premier customer and experienced a loss of service today. The first thing I did was to check the Plusnet website for service status but nothing was mentioned. When I telephoned support, I was advised of a "major outage in the South East". When querying why this was not shown in the status page, I was advised that as it was a BT fault it was outside the control of Plusnet and therefore does not get posted on the Plusnet website.
I find this quite ridiculous - I am not interested in who Plusnet use to get service to me; my contract is with them, not a third party. Don't Plusnet have a service agreement with BT? In addition I wasted my time and that of the customer service desk, raising a query which could have been avoided had the information been posted on the Plusnet website.
I hope Plusnet will reconsider their policy on this.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

All MSO's get put on usertools AFAIK.
LiamM
Grafter

N/A

Thanks to both of you but how on earth was I supposed to know that?
Surely there should at least be an obvious link from the status page.
N/A

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

Bookmarks *clicker'd'click*

I have to agree the website is sometimes pretty hard to navigate, although it has one of the most comprehensive user tools and customer help setups I have seen to date. So I guess its a double-edged sword Sad
N/A

You're absolutely correct; the website is very comprehensive and full of very useful information. It might not be a bad idea to mention the usertools and usergroup websites in the welcome emails. :idea:
N/A

I don't think that they would be mentioned as technically they are unofficial websites/support media.
N/A

If they are not to be mentioned, then I return to my original point - why don't Plusnet post outages on their status page, regardless of the third party involved?