cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL/CGI Online Shop - accepting credit card details

N/A

I am wanting to collect address and card details from visitors to my website. I've been reading the page about SSL and also the CGI Email form script on plusnet and wanted to know if there's anyone out there who has used them?
And if they could let me know if its just a case of setting up the form as instructed via the CGI script and then the details are emailed to me in some way for me to process.? Or is there something i've missed and overlooked?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Paul Cheesy
6 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Hi Paul
you might get more responses to your question if your post was moved to the CGI and Scripting forum where you are more likely to find an answer

so if theres any mods about maybe it could be moved for you
N/A

Thanks. I did try that but saw I wasn't allowed in. Not used the boards before so wasn't sure how they worked. Now i understand Smiley

Cheers.
Community Veteran

If you have a free account you can only access the guest forum to make new posts, although you should be able to read and search in the other forums.
holdtight
Grafter

Thanks for pointing that out fa55dsl wasnt sure about the restrictions of guest users
LiamM
Grafter

If you have a free account you can only access the guest forum to make new posts, although you should be able to read and search in the other forums.

I think thats a bit silly to be honest. Why can't free accounts contribute to other forums?
Community Veteran

Because anyone can create a free account with false info and as such could potentiallty cause a problem with spamming the forum. Limiting free accounts to only have write access here reduces the likelyhood of this situation occuring and is much easier for the mods to deal with.

Also in relation to the original Q. You cannot do SSL/secure connections from a form running on the CGI server as it does not have a securioty certificate, so if you are running a dynamicly created form page from the CGI server it will not be secure and thus is not recommended for collecting credit card details. Secure connections can only be done on your www (homepages) website which does not support CGI/perl/PHP etc.