cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM and plusnet

N/A

SPAM and plusnet

I have turned on my spam filter and have read the settings guide a few times, but have the following question.
Does the spam filter ever block any emails getting to me or does it just put [SPAM] in the title?
If it only puts SPAM in the title - should outlook be setup to delete such emails?
What do others do.
4 REPLIES
N/A

SPAM and plusnet

From my understand, it simply put "[Spam]" in the title, and yes outlook can be set to move these e-mail into a junk e-mail folder.

I tend to use a free program called spamfighter, where you are linked to a global community, so when one person blocks one, it effectivly blocks it for all.

Aaron
lhorwath
Grafter

SPAM and plusnet

HI there,

The SPAM filter is designed to mark emails with the [SPAM] prefix, but deliberately does not delete them incase they are legitimate.

You can easily set up rules in your mail client to either delete said mails or to move them into a junk folder.
csogilvie
Grafter

SPAM and plusnet

Note that it actually appears to use [-SPAM-] and not the ones quoted earlier Cheesy
N/A

SPAM and plusnet

Ok I under stand the prefixing with [-SPAM-] but then if we forward this to thisisspam@..... does this stop spam from this source getting to me, or will it still come with [-SPAM-] in the title?
Also when something which was not marked as SPAM is forwarded to thisisspam@..... by me, does this mean that my wife's and kids email which are part of my account also have this indicated as spam or is it email address specific? I hope I made myself clear.
Thanks