cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart

N/A

Restart

Hi i recently updated the firmware on my NEC ND 1300-A dvd/rw,it was working fine up until a few nights ago, when it would restart the computer as soon as i would try to copy to a disk ,i have ask for help at the nec web site to see if there was an updated driver for this but there is not one.why would it restart the computer? must be a conflict some where i no but where?i have tried useing nero and easy cd creater to no avail.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All capitals title altered to lowercase. Please don't post in all caps as its considered as shouting.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Restart

Have you tried re-installing the previous version of firmware?

I'm not sure it will be that easy to find a conflict like this, check under device manager within control panel, see if windows see's any problems.
N/A

Restart

No, i have been to look at the device manager but there is nothing in there saying there is a conflict,but i will try to reinstall the firmware again and thanks for your input.
N/A

Restart

Right i just reloaded the firmware went to burn to the disk and it restarted the computer again.any ideas?
N/A

Restart

Back again it will play DVD,S with out it restarting the computer.
N/A

Restart

I have just put the dvd/rw into another computer and it is working fine.Do you think i should wipe the hard drive to see if that will work?
N/A

Restart

I'm not sure wipping your hard drive would be the best option. If the drive was working before on the previous version of firmware, couldn't you just return the drive back to that version. This should solve the problem, or am I missing something.
N/A

Restart

well just reformatting the hard drive, and with nothing elts apart from nero i managed to copy onto a dvd so there must have been a conflict with somthing, i will install every thing i had on here befor i wiped the H,drive and see what happens.One thing i have not downloaded yet is service pack 2, might be that i will let you know as soon as i find out somthing ok, thanks for your input on the matter,
N/A

Restart

I think i have solved the problem fingers crossed, I think it was a conflict with the graphics card ,the graphics card is a 3Dforce 4 Ti4200,When i updated the driver and then tried to burn to a dvd it restart the computer,so i put the old driver for the card back in, and again tried to burned to a dvd it was fine went through without an hick up.And the only other thing i have updated is windows service pack 2.
N/A

Restart

Well i have done a couple of things with my dvd /rw now and things seem to be alright, All i can put it down to is the graphics card driver,Because i have now put windows service pack 2 in and every thing has gone fine.I will keep you informed for the next day or two.All the very best wishes to you all how have helped me.