cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced Service to Dial Up but account is cancelled?

N/A

Help.

I recently downgraded my Plusnet service from Broadband Premier Option 1 to a Dial Up service as we have just moved house and do not have a BT line installed in the new house. Now that Plusnet have placed a cease on the broadband service, access to my emails seems to have been cancelled as well. I have my own domain registered and hosted through plus net and am now unable to send or receive mail with this account.

I will be moving my hosting to my new ISP once I get it up and running but did not appreciate that my accounts would get cancelled as well.

As I am unable to get into my cancelled account online, can anyone advise of the the correct Customer Service no and menu options to choose as I have already been through them 3 times and asked each time to log into my account online to make changes/raise a problem. Alternatively, is there anyone from Plusnet that can help me resolve this issue?
7 REPLIES
vic_newey
Grafter

Others have had similar probs but it was resolved ,see

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50135&highlight=
Community Veteran

Hi there.

If you would like to post a username or ticket id from your account I'll see if we can take a look at this for you.
N/A

Thanks Mark.

The username is baigrie. I cannot find a reference for the cancellation ticket, only an email confirming that it would be actioned.
N/A

Thanks Mark.

The username is baigrie. I cannot find a reference for the cancellation ticket, only an email confirming that it would be actioned.

Is there any update on this? I am desperate to get my email service back up and running. I would even settle for all incoming mail to my domain to be sent to one inbox.
Community Veteran

Hi there,

I have responded to your PM via the email address you have provided, requesting further information.

I look forward to hearing from you and to getting this resolved.
vic_newey
Grafter

I am changing to cable telewest & got a quick response to my ticket to cancel ADSL but when I asked for assurance that I will be downgraded to dialup & keep my website & email I have not heard back, bit concerned re- this
N/A

Everything now sorted

Thanks for all your help Mark. Service has been restored and I can now pick up all my spam, I mean mail!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

To anyone else who suffers this problem, it would appear that the accounts get cancelled by an automated script and Mark an the team can easily reinstate them. Just post on this dial up forum as you won't be able to post anywhere else if you do get cancelled.