cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-ordering ADSL - ISDN conversion

N/A

Hi,

I'd like to pre-order ADSL with plusnet for November when our exchange is activated. Main reason is I'd like to get BT in on the day of activation to remove ISDN (finally!). I went through the order process but noticed you have to give credit card details just now. My question is will the activation payment be taken off immediately or just near / on the day of activation? I assume the line conversion is debited from BT telephone bill?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

The activation payment would be taken immediately - this is just how the automated systems work. To be honest, there is no difference between you signing up now or waiting until 2 days before your exchange actiavtion date - as we cannot submit an order to BT and therefore get the ball rolling until your exchange is actually activated.

It is up to you which you chosse.

Regards,
Community Veteran

In addition, you do know there will be a charge by BT of £50 to have your ISDN removed in addition to your activation fee paid to PlusNet. This £50 charge will appear on your phone bill.

Also Plusnet will need to book a BT engineer through to visit you to remove ISDN and this may involve you choosing a suitable date. If BT are very busy, this may not be on the day of your exchange activation and could be upto a few weeks later.
N/A

Thanks for quick replies. Well, I think I'll pre-order and book engineer time just for somethin to do, its been a long time coming !
Perhaps by nearer the time I'll be able to afford 2mb instead of 1, that ought to fix the ISDN blues Smiley